• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Panel forwarding not working

fliegerhermi

Regular Pleskian
Hi!
I have an issue with the plesk panel version "Version 18.0.41 Update #1, zuletzt aktualisiert: 10. Febr. 2022 06:01:17".

Whenever I change anything like TTL in a DNS zone or e-mail settings and I click "Ok" or whatever blue button is shown, the "please wait" is spinning and nothing happens.
The settings are saved in the background, but I used to get some kind of feedback and not an indefinite "please wait".

Any idea?
Thanks

It could be a browser cache issue. Please clear your browser cache, then restart the browser and try again. Also try using a different browser.

It is working in edge, but not in firefox. Seems to be an anoying local issue.
Clearing cache and deleting cookies hasn't fixed it.

I don't have any browser plugin.
I have customers complaining about that in FF and chrome. Is this a known bug by now with a solution?

Can you please check the browser console while you get that behavior?

In FireFox:
- Right click on the page.
- Choose Inspect
-
Click on the Console tab
- Disable everything except Errors and Warnings:

Screenshot 2022-04-09 at 17.26.00.png

Do you get any errors or warnings related to this issue?

Hi, thank you for the reply.
I get the following warning:

Das Cookie "plesk-list-type" wurde abgelehnt, da es bereits abgelaufen ist. domain
Das Cookie "plesk-items-per-page" wurde abgelehnt, da es bereits abgelaufen ist. domain
Das Cookie "plesk-sort-field" wurde abgelehnt, da es bereits abgelaufen ist. domain
Das Cookie "plesk-sort-dir" wurde abgelehnt, da es bereits abgelaufen ist. domain
Das Cookie "plesk-list-type" wurde abgelehnt, da es bereits abgelaufen ist. domain
It says, that the cookies in quotes are denied as the are already expired.

As I am having the same problem on all clients using FF I guess it must be a server-side problem. Is there a chance to clear the cache of the panel-server or something similar?
I appreciate your help!

Do you get any related errors in /var/log/plesk/panel.log?

Have you tried Tools & Settings -> Diagnose & Repair -> Check All ?

No, I didn't disable cookies. I deleted them once trying to fix the issue, but it didn't help.

The panel log just shows ERR [panel] Protocol version '1.6.3.0' is deprecated. Current protocol version is '1.6.9.1'.

Diagnose and repair showed one DB inconsistency, but fixing it didn't help. Any other idea?

Thanks for your inputs!

I would suggest you contact Plesk Support Team:

If your license does not include Plesk support, you still can get Plesk Support, it's the free for the first month.
Just follow the link to the store and don't forget to cancel it when the issue is solved:

Screenshot 2022-04-04 at 15.25.53.png

Thinking completely outside the box. You aren't using a connection to connect to your server that uses a dynamic IP?
Check tools and settings, session idle time, tick the box for allow ip address changes.
I'm mentioning that as the automatic logout procedure after an ip change has a lot of glitches. There is multiple scenarios I know of where one ends up in an "endless" loop with no forth or back apart from a browser refresh, which gets one to the server login page.

you mentioned edge works, firefox not. If that test was done on the same client computer, forget what I said above. Rules above out.

Hi Tom,
I must have missed your reply. No I am connection to plesk which es on a static IP.
It happens on all devices through different access-points.
Customers are complaining as well so it must be an issue with plesk and Firefox

I found the problem....
We changed to a different secondary DNS and never deleted the old one in the slave DNS manager. This is what caused the problem. Stupid mistake.

Back