• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Panel - Mailbox Configuration

PiotrT

New Pleskian
Hello everyone!,
Sorry for my english:) I’m dealing mainly with making of web pages but the administration did not have the slightest idea :) A few days ago, installed trial Plesk Panel on my new dedicated server (CentOs 6). Somehow I managed to get through the installation and configuration of the panel, all whizzes perfect except the email accounts. Here is what I did.

First I bought the domain.
Second I changed the DNS provider for the IP address of my server.
3rd Adds subscriptions in Plesk - Page works as it should.
4th When you add an email account, the account is not working, I can not receive any mail or set it in a Thunderbird email program. You know what the problem why do not you?

Sounds like a DNS related issue.

If you are using your domain registrars control panel to handle DNS, you need to make sure you have an MX record pointing to your server. This will tell other mail servers that your Plesk server is handling email for your domain.

If you are using your Plesk server as the DNS Master, you need to register Glue records through your domain name registrar which tells the internet that your Plesk server is the Name Server for your domain.

Search the forum for DNS Setup - there are already loads of threads covering this.

Maybe "sucking eggs" but are you sure the ports are open on the firewall (SMTP, POP3, IMAP etc) and the services are running?

If you are using the Plesk Firewall module, go to:

Tools & Settings > Firewall

and ensure the following services are open:

SMTP
POP3
IMAP

You can check that the services are running by going to:

Tools & Settings > Services Management

Thanks, you were right:) SMTP were turned off and ports were blocked. But there is still 2 things.
1. Should i open ports in both ways? in and out?
2. When i click to start service smtp, a get this information that i need to wait. But i'm wainting 30 min and nothing happens, i hope it will finally get start:)

Here is a screen:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3673/settings2u.jpg

Both incoming and outgoing needs to be open to enable other server to connect to yours (receive incoming email) and yours to others (sending outgoing email).

The smtp service should only take a short time to start. Have you tried to refresh the screen?

Have at look at the error log, this may shed some light on why the service won't start.

/usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

You can also try the following from within an SSH session.

/etc/init.d/postfix start

Also, if the specific smtp server is not important, you can try changing to Qmail and see if that service will start.

From the System oVerview page, select "add or removal components" to open Parallels installer. You will find qmail under the "Different Mail Servers"

OMG, when i'm clicking on Add or Remove Components i get message The connection has timed out:( my internet is very fast:/ so its not a problem

Is there any other way to install this component?

Back