• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PLESK Parallels Premium Antivirus & Bluetooth

AlkatraZ

Basic Pleskian
Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS х 64, PLESK 11.0.9 Update #25
---
While installing PLESK, when along with it to install Parallels Premium Antivirus (which by default is marked for installation), it has somehow installed Bluetooth and all dependent libraries (about 209).

Somebody can explain to me why the server is installed Bluetooth, and why clutter up the server this filth?

If I then try to delete the Bluetooth
apt-get --purge autoremove bluez
he also offers to remove the 209 (!) unnecessary libraries. Can I safely delete this Bluetooth and will not be any problems?
And why Parallels Premium Antivirus installed with a much garbage, clogging the server?

I do not understand why do you think that there is dependences between PPA and Bluetooth packages?
PPA hasn't this dependence. I have checked it on clean default Plesk installation.

Try to check it by yourself with something like:

# for package in `dpkg -l | grep drweb | awk '{print $2}'`; do apt-cache depends $package; done | grep bluez

Dear Igor,
Bluetooth packages (bluez) installed with PLESK during installation, if you choose to install the Parallels Premium Antivirus.
You can check yourself.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1) Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x 64 minimal (only SSH daemon)
2) Download the command line installer: http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...v3.12.0_build120601.16_os_Ubuntu_12.04_x86_64
3) Run the installer in command-line mode, and select custom installation
4) When it comes to package selection, go to paragraph 18 and check to install Parallels Premium Antivirus
5) In the next screen? press "S" for a list of installed packages
6) You'll find that out there for some reason for the installation marked bluez, that the server does not need and which pulls a lot of dependencies for the Desktop Environment.

7) Return to the previous screen, and in paragraph 18, exclude from install Parallels Premium Antivirus
8) Again, check the list of packages to be installed and you will see that there is no bluez
---
Because of this radical clogged server (209 extra libraries) in core startup includes Bluetooth, which the server is not needed.

Now I specifically did an experiment with installing PLESK on a clean server and the results confirm the screenshots.
---
1)
before_PLESK_installation.PNG
As can be seen from the screenshot, the system is clean, when you try to uninstall bluez writes that such a package is not installed.

2)
PLESK_install_component_selection.PNG
Menu to select components to install.
In paragraph 18 we see that the PPA is enabled (it is checked by default).

3)
Go to the next screen and see what packages are installed?
Show_list_of_packages.PNG
I marked "bluez" in red :)
As you can see, Bluetooth installs exactly PLESK PPA

4)
Well then, carry out the installation, we see that it has successfully completed.
Repeat steps 1) and try again to remove the Bluetooth (bluez)
after_PLESK_installation.gif
As we can see, the picture has changed dramatically, Bluetooth is not just installed, but with it came a lot of dependencies that are on the server at all is nothing.
To remove 209 packages (!!!)
Pay special attention to point "psa-drweb-configurator*", I said it in red :)
It is this point that pushed me on the idea that the clogged server is guilty PPA...
Further experiments confirmed this.
When I installed PLESK on a clean server, but it is not installed the PPA, Bluetooth is not installed, the server is not clogged.

Attachments

• before_PLESK_installation.PNG
    7.2 KB · Views: 3
  • PLESK_install_component_selection.PNG
    36.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Show_list_of_packages.PNG
    16.1 KB · Views: 5
  • after_PLESK_installation.gif
    68.8 KB · Views: 5
Now I specifically did an experiment with installing PLESK on a clean server and the results confirm the screenshots.
---
1)
As can be seen from the screenshot, the system is clean, when you try to uninstall bluez writes that such a package is not installed.

2)
Menu to select components to install.
In paragraph 18 we see that the PPA is enabled (it is checked by default).

3)
Go to the next screen and see what packages are installed?
I marked "bluez" in red :)
As you can see, Bluetooth installs exactly PLESK PPA

4)
Well then, carry out the installation, we see that it has successfully completed.
Repeat steps 1) and try again to remove the Bluetooth (bluez)
As we can see, the picture has changed dramatically, Bluetooth is not just installed, but with it came a lot of dependencies that are on the server at all is nothing.
To remove 209 packages (!!!)
Pay special attention to point "psa-drweb-configurator*", I said it in red :)
It is this point that pushed me on the idea that the clogged server is guilty PPA...
Further experiments confirmed this.
When I installed PLESK on a clean server, but it is not installed the PPA, Bluetooth is not installed, the server is not clogged.

We can't reproduce it on our test servers. You can send me PM with login credentials and we will check it directly on your server. Looks like you have specific apt configuration.

Back