• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk repair tool reports "There are files or directories with suspicious permissions"

jmano

New Pleskian
hello,
when i run
Code:
plesk repair all -n
i get the WARNING:
Code:
There are files or directories with suspicious permissions in the root directory of the domain 'mydomain.com'

running
Code:
plesk repair fs -verbose
return a list of cache folders which are generated by the php application running on the domain (magento 2 in this case).

the main cahe folder has the user/group mypleskuser/psacln with 775 and subfolders the same owner/group with 777.

I can't figure out what the problem is here and google and forum search doesn't turn up anything when searching for "suspicious permissions" so it seems i'm alone with this warning message ...

You should not have in php-fpm or fastCGI environment anymore 777 or 775 files/folders. Because apache is executed as a user, you can have safely 644 for files and 755 for folders.

hey, thx for the quick reply :)

that makes sense, i'm having trouble finding where in magento the permissions for generation of the cache directories are set up so everytime the folders are regenerated it will set them back to 775/777.

Ther is a setting in /vendor/magento/framework/Filesystem/DriverInterface.php where i can set up general file/folder permissions but this doesn't manage the cache folders so i'm still hunting around for it.

Since this is not an error but just a warning i assume that if i don't find the permanent solution to this i can let it run like that without any major problems down the road ?

No major problem can get from this, except if a vulnerability in Magento, can be easily hacked.

Back