• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Restore Help

R

robertfrew

One of our servers completely failed so we had to install Plesk onto new hardware with different IP info, etc... We were using Plesk Backup to back up the server daily to the server repository and then we would copy all the files in the repository directory to cloud backup.

After installing 10.4.4, we restored the cloud backup files to /opt/psarestore.

We then linked /var/lib/psa/dumps to /opt/psarestore/dumps so that Plesk would see the restored files in the server repository.

When viewing Plesk Backup Manager in the GUI, the restored files do not show up in the list.

I ran the restore manually from the CLI and it returned conflict errors.

I went back to the GUI and it showed a backup from the manual restore.

I checked the .discovered folder and there was a file that was created there from the manual restore. I deleted the file and it no longer showed up in the GUI.

So here is what I'm assuming:

- The link to the restored files is working because it saw the newly created file in the .discovered folder.
- It is not showing the other backup files in the GUI because there is not an associated .discovered file.

So how do I get the GUI to recognize the back up files so I don't have to do a manual restore?

I can see all the xml files in the dump directory and all the associated backup files exist. However, since we are restoring to a completely new machine, the manual restore does not work without conflict resolution and I have no idea how to fix that.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried creating an empty folder in the .discovered folder with the same name as the xml file and it will show up in the GUI, however, it states that it is not a valid backup file.

Looking at the xml file, it looks to be complete and not corrupted.

Also, FYI, the old server was Plesk 10.4.4 linux and the new server is also Plesk 10.4.4 linux.

It looks like my cloud restore did not restore the complete .discovered folder. I'm assuming that without the info in that folder, you cannot use the GUI to do a restore.

I am now restoring the files in the discovered folder so that should fix my issue.

Back