• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk server backup restore errors

balechaparka

Basic Pleskian
I am using Windows server 2008 R2. I am trying to restore plesk server backup from one server to another server.Destination server is also Windows server 2008 R2. My intention is in case of any crash of my server i can use another server. So i require to restore the full server backup of plesk. But after installing the plesk it shows a form to fill up details of user and company etc.. and then to create domain name of first webspace(by default [email protected]) is created.
Now the problem comes when restoring the plesk backup because a defult domain will be already there in the new server which is just now created.(In conflict resolution i gave completely overwrite option) After restoring i got log file like
Warning:
Cannot restore Domain template Default Domain of Panel administrator: the name 'Default Domain' is already used in Panel by Domain template Default Domain of Panel administrator.

Warning:
Cannot restore Domain template Unlimited of Panel administrator: the name 'Unlimited' is already used in Panel by Domain template Unlimited of Panel administrator.

Warning:
Cannot restore Reseller template Default Reseller of Panel administrator: the name 'Default Reseller' is already used in Panel by Reseller template Default Reseller of Panel administrator.

I think this error is because of default domain i created after installing plesk.Without creating default domain i was not able to access backup manager in plesk GUI.so i created default domain.But because of this error comes in restore.So how can i avoid these errors? Is there any method by which i skip creation of default domain?

First of all it is warnings but not errors. How it is affect restoration process?

It is just notifications that objects cannot be restored because they are already exists.

Back