• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk server backup scheduling errors

balechaparka

Basic Pleskian
I have scheduled plesk backup to a ftp repository which is password protected. It is working fine. I have also set email notification ON if any error occurs during backup.But yesterday i changed the ftp password, but i didn't change the password in the Personal FTP Repository setting of plesk.
Expected result: Backup of plesk setting should fail and i should get email notification that backup has been failed.(Because password change is not done in plesk)

Actual result:The plesk backup is done to server instead of failing.Also no email came.

So is it normal that if backup fails to ftp repository then it will be done to server itself? But it should not happen as keeping backup in server is not safe(if server itself get crashed then can't get backup). So please help.
Thank you

( solved ) Plesk server backup scheduling errors

While I do the same at my servers end.
I have 10 server all set with scheduled with my called ftp remote bag.
I set quota each user quota unlimited at destination end.
Source end I set 3 max backups.

Then issue sorted out.
Some how destination quota full and scheduled backup unable to delete old backup that is reason backup keep going on server repository.

Hope this helps.
Thanks / GRABWeb

Still the problem with scheduling backup email notification didn't solve.I want backup to be done only to FTP repository. In case backup to FTP fails then email notification has to be sent.But in my case if backup to ftp fails then the backup will be done to server and no email notification sent.So problem is that i will not be knowing that backup has failed for ftp repository.

Back