• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Server Hot Spare / Duplicate emails

F

FoxTom

Hello everyone,

We run Plesk Panel on Windows, version 9.5.5, using Mail Enable mail server.

We recently had a server failure at our hosting company - they did not have good backups of our installation.

We have recovered from that, but several accounts that used web mail exclusively have lost old emails.

I am trying to avoid a similar situation.

I have provisioned a second server, and configured it exactly the same way as the first - hard drive layout, software versions, etc.

I have our main Plesk server doing a backup every evening, including configuration and data. I then FTP those backup files to my hot spare server. I then restore the backup to my spare server.

All of this works very well - in fact, I am surprised how well it works! - but I have one problem.

When the emails are restored, they are duplicated. The emails in the Mail Enable folders actually have different files names.

I have completed this process three times as a test and I now have three copies of every email in the user's mail folders.

I have the conflict resolution set to over write.

What am I doing wrong that I am getting duplicated emails?

Any help you can offer is very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Tom

Back