• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Plesk Server Upgrade Recommendations

amandler

Basic Pleskian
I am running Plesk 8.6 with about 150 domains on Ubuntu 6.06 LT. All is working well. However, I need to move to a new server both for storage space and to upgrade CPUs. I would like to upgrade to the current version 9 of Plesk as well in the process. I also plan to move to a current version of Ubuntu server.

What is the best route to do this? Do I upgrade 8.6 on the old server first, then backup and restore all to a new server? Or is it better to install the current version of Plesk on a new server and use the Migration Manager to move everything over? I would love to hear from anyone who has done a similar upgrade lately and has suggestions, warnings and encouragement.

Many thanks.
 
Back
Top