• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk - SMTP Can't connect with thunderbird

Busi

New Pleskian
I'm trying to move my emails from Google apps to plesk
So far i got it all setup in thunderbird and i somewhat can retrieve emails from the server but i can't send from thunderbird, it tries to connect to the SMTP and just stops there.
My problem are
Can't send mails from thunderbird
sometimes it takes hours and hours for mails to show up

I'm using a nameserver provider where all DNS settings are setup and should be correct

my mail settings are
5cedd4a691eac68c02de173a1b33465e.png

Any got an idea about a fix or what i do wrong?

Port 25 is most likely blocked by your internet provider, enable port 587 in mail settings of your Plesk installation and use that port.

When I telnet to "digfordiamonds.com" on port 587 I see a SMTP banner, so that appears to be working.

Check if your DNS is working, does the domain resolve to the proper IP address? Try logging in using the IP address instead of the domain name, if that works, it is a DNS issue.

If that doesn't work, disable your anti-virus software, local firewalls and proxies (if any), see if that makes a difference.

If e-mails take hours to show up, it is probably because they take hours to arrive. If so, grey_listing could be the cause. If the mail you sent is from Outlook or Hotmail then it can take a long time, because they send e-mail through a cluster with a different IP address on each try. If each IP is grey listed it can take very long for an email to get through. If that's the case you've to either whitelist these clusters or you've to disable grey-listing.

It is also possible that the DNS is working and that the mail sever is listening on port 25 and 587, but that relaying is not allowed. Check to see if SMTP authentication is selected as the relay option in Plesk's mail settings.

Lastly, does the webmail work?

Back