• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk Startup Service stopped

ChananZ

New Pleskian
Server: Windows Server 2012 R2
Plesk Version: Obsidian 18.0.23

Server works properly and all sites are on.
However the PleskStartup service is always stopped. If I go to Services and start it, it show it is starting but then switches to Stopped again.

Any clue why that happens?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks.
However, I couldn't find anything unusual in these log files, nor in the server's event viewer (where it says "The PleskStartup service entered the running state" and immediately "The PleskStartup service entered the stopped state."
Anyhow, the server seems to be running properly, but I wonder how important this service is for the protection of the server.

You must understand that without details, logs, research results, only by a screenshot with an error in starting the service, it is impossible to say something about the causes of the problem. If you can’t find it, I advise you to contact Plesk Support Team, where experienced support engineers will investigate the problem directly on your server and fix it.

I had the exact same problem and couldn't solve the issue by myself. I would suggest getting in touch with a support engineer from the Plesk Support Team. They know how to handle these issues, and they'll fix whatever problem in a matter of time. Don't worry; they'll do it for free. By the way, is there anybody who has ever bought a dedicated server? I want to get one for myself, but I'm unsure which one I should go for. So, if you have any suggestions, I would be very thankful because I urgently need to buy dedicated server.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back