• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Stay in "Please wait. Loading..." in Create,Delete or ...

SobhanS

New Pleskian
Hello,

yesterday i upgrade Plesk to 9.5.2 , after this upgrade when we or our Clients try to remove domains or unsuspend domain Plesk stay in "Please wait , Loading" and anything not change ,
after this , i try remove domains or enable domain from commands " domain.exe -r domainname.com or domain.exe -on domainname.com" but again this process stay in doing task ! and not finished and show no result,

(this problem is same in our another servers)
Please Help Us for solving this problem ,

Thanks
S.Saedi

I'm having exactly the same problem. I have resorted to trying to edit the database manually however this is a really risky and bad thing to do. Is there some kind of bug in Plesk 9.5? I'm running win 2003 web edition.

This is my problem too, I can edit the previous accounts and domains, but I'm not able to create or delete new Clint/Domain.

I get no errors, not in the plesk panel nor in the Event Viewer, it just Freeze and get no response,

Also when I run the "%plesk_bin%\defpackagemng.exe" --fix --type=dnsserver it takes a long time and returns no answer.
When I run DNSMng.exe update * in %plesk_bin% folder, it retrieves an error in pop up windows page as bellow:

The instruction at "0x685500bb" refrenced memory at "0x00c22180". the memory coud not be "read".
Click OK to terminate the program

Errors

OK - I have looked at the event viewer and can't see anything apart from something about named. I think this is Bind but I'm using Microsoft DNS server so this shouldn't matter. The single error in plesk is because I tried adding a domain, it failed however still created a domain in smartermail?

applicationp.png

plesk.png

The screen just keeps going. I have left it for an hour now and its still there.

panela.png

What I think is happening is that Plesk isn't able to interface with one of the various systems such as:
- adding DNS entries
- adding Mail server entries
- adding IIS configs
- systems FTP accounts etc.

What I have found:
- adding a domain does absolutely nothing, it just gets stuck
- adding a domain alias makes an entry into the plesk database including tables domains_aliases, dns_recs & dns_zones
- adding a domain alias will set it up in MS DNS but not in IIS nor smartermail, it just hangs

I'll submit a problem ticket I think.

Is it Virtuozzo VPS? In that case it can be related to lack of resources for VPS.
You can provide me ticket ID and I will check and escalate it if you not receive help soon.

Well I can't seem to lodge a support ticket because I don't have a support package? I lease the license so not sure what is going on here. Anyway, the content of my ticket is below. It's very frustrating with plesk as it doesn't say what it is trying to do to figure out where it is failing and its logging seems very poor.

Hi,
After upgrading to Plesk 9.5 I am unable to add or edit domains without the program freezing on the "Please Wait. Loading..." Screen. Details are available on a forum post:
http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?p=416258#post416258

I suspect the issue is around Plesk not able to interface properly with one of the various components e.g. DNS, IIS, Smartermail etc. however there is no errors, nothing in the error log etc. so it seems impossible to figure out what is going wrong.

I get no errors, not in the plesk panel nor in the Event Viewer, it just Freeze and get no response,

Also when I run the "%plesk_bin%\defpackagemng.exe" --fix --type=dnsserver it takes a long time and returns no answer.
When I run DNSMng.exe update * in %plesk_bin% folder, it retrieves an error in pop up windows page as bellow:

The instruction at "0x685500bb" refrenced memory at "0x00c22180". the memory coud not be "read".
Click OK to terminate the program

Yes I can't run either of those commands, they both time out.

I'm not running Virtuozzo, the server is a VM under vmware ESX with 2 CPUs and 2GB RAM.

I Have this problem too but i have not .net framework 4 , this issue is for something else i think

I got it!!!

I checked the windows updates, there was 2 updates for .Net frameworks,

KB976576 Microsoft .Net 2 Service Pack 2 installed on 6/23/2010
KB977354 Microsoft .Net 3 Service Pack 3 installed on 6/23/2010

I Uninstalled them, then made a restart on the server
then I ran the Plesk reconfigure and again restart

and .... that's it, my plesk is fine and behave normally.

I hope it works for you too.

I got it!!!

you means we should setup service pack 1 for .NET 2 and .NET 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not needed to set up the service pack,
just go to Windows Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs, (make sure that Show updates is checked)
then find the latest updates for .net frame works (Specially KB976576 and KB977354 ) and remove them.

I got it!!!

solved for me too

thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I discovered that, alternatively, you can fix the problem by switching to Bind DNS server. Log into Plesk, switch DNS to bind (on "server components"), log into the server using remote desktop and kill all the dnsmng.exe processes. Problem solved!

OK after removing .net 4 its still broken - in fact the entire DNS server failed for half of today and many angry customers rang. At this stage I haven't been able to edit domains since the weekend (4 days) and the Plesk panel barely loads (times out constantly) which I suspect has to do with this. I'm going through my system now uninstalling as many .net updates as I can find.

dnsmng.png

Those updates weren't installed BTW. Also I can't shift to BIND as funnily enough the Plesk web interface freezes with the "Please Wait. Loading..." Screen.

Plesk is great when it works but man when something goes wrong its near impossible tod iagnose and even harder to fix..

OK, there seems to be something majorly wrong with the DNSMng.exe with the new version of Plesk (9.5). I have removed virtually every update I can find but it still fails. How can I downgrade to 9.3 where at least DNSMng.exe worked and the system was usable?

Back