• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Temp Folders Ignored During Migration

Enverex

Basic Pleskian
I'm currently handling a migration and I've noticed that Plesk seems to ignore what has been specified as the "Temporary files location".

For example: I set the temp folder for the migration to be /var/pmm yet on the next part of the migration it complained that there wasn't enough space on the /usr partition for the migration. Well considering you're not supposed to be using /usr, why is this an issue?

Secondly, the migration involved some pretty hefty databases which in turn also failed because Plesk extracted them to "/tmp/migration-unpack-XXXXXX" which then also failed as /tmp is only 10GB and the database it was trying to extract was around 20GB.

Why does Plesk ask me for a temporary folder to use if it's simply going to ignore it? Additionally how do I work around these two above issues? (considering it's trying to use partitions that simply aren't large enough and cannot be made bigger as they don't normally need to be).

Thanks.

Hello,

To get around this problem, for the duration of the migration edit /etc/psa/psa.conf and change DUMP_TMP_D to /var/tmp/ or some other location which is larger than your /tmp partition. You can change this back to /tmp when you have completed the migration.

I have performed many migrations and this works every time :)

Back