• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Plesk Timesync Changed

fhansen

New Pleskian
Hi.
I'm having a time synchronization problem.
My plesk every day at 3am advances about 9am.

I installed chrony trying to solve the problem, but it remains the same.

In /var/log/messages the following log appears:

Code:
Feb 22 03:09:01 host systemd: Started Session 3218 of user psaadm.
Feb 22 12:50:30 host systemd: Time has been changed
Feb 22 12:52:30 host chronyd[28376]: Forward time jump detected!
Feb 22 12:52:30 host chronyd[28376]: Can't synchronise: no selectable sources

Obs: My previous post was deleted. Why?

Thanks

Have you configured the network time protocol server?

Hello.
Not at first.
I did a clean install of plesk and the problem happened.
After that I installed chrony to try to solve the problem, but it remains the same.

Thanks

I suggest to remove or disable chrony and use Plesk's algorithm instead. You can set timezone and network time protocol in their system configuration as shown in the manual from above. You likely have a different timezone set there than where you are actually in so that each night during the maintenance windows the datetime records are updated.

Right.
I removed the chrony from the system.
About the time zone, I am using the correct one, according to the attached image.
So the timezone issue is correctly configured.

Attachments

• plesk.png
    plesk.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 4
I suggest to remove or disable chrony and use Plesk's algorithm instead. You can set timezone and network time protocol in their system configuration as shown in the manual from above. You likely have a different timezone set there than where you are actually in so that each night during the maintenance windows the datetime records are updated.
Hi.
I did what you said, but at 3:05 am the clock went 9:00.

Any other ideas?
Can't it be some plesk scheduled task doing this?
Or some plugin?
Attach files
Thanks

I pretty sure that is does have something to do with the nightly maintenance by Plesk, because that normally takes place around 3 am - 3.30 am, but not sure what exactly is causing it. You can also always look into the scheduled jobs of the admin user whether there are other jobs running at that time that could be the culprit.

Have you at some time replaced any PHP components on your system with your own PHP installation? So that maybe a timezone is defined in a php.ini file where it should not be defined?

Hi.
I did not make any changes to the php components, it is a clean installation of plesk.
I just migrated some domains using plesk migrator for this server.

Last edited:
Back