• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk too picky?

J

jerry2

I am starting to find out, if I change anything outside Plesk, most importantly MailEnable settings (I use some option on MailEnable administration that are not in Plesk), Plesk doesn't want to cooperate any longer. If I let's say delete the mail redirect in MailEnable, Plesk does not see it, but it says I can not delete it (of course not, it is deleted already)... Seems Plesk keeps everything in it's own variables instead of looking the variables from the programs :-(

Is there any way around that? I didn't try to restore my sites yet as wasn't any need, but will I be able to restore or will the mail "problems" exit the restoring process? I hope not. It can notify me and doesn't do some things if it can not, but not abort the proces, that would be bad..

Jerry

Are you right. Plesk stores mail server data in its mysql database psa.
You can manage some mail server parameters from mail server (server, connectors etc)
But you cannot manage mail domains, mail boxes etc.

I can manage everything from Administrator console in MailEnable (I updated ME to 1.95), but then I have problems when I want to add/delete/change something in Plesk... But there are far more options in ME than in Plesk (even the standard ME). I wonder if the restore from backup would stop if I mess things outside of Plesk or continue with information error. I can not try it, I have a production server.

Jerry

Pavluha is right… I have toyed with Mail Enable till I was blue in the face but when it comes down to it; there not much I change from the default build. For some reason any reconfiguration in the ME administrator reeks havoc on Plesk’s ability to mange the mail server.

Updating or reconfiguring any part of Plesk on a production server or environment is asking for a black eye.

Back