• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Update Failure

S

soarchrist

Plesk Panel, 10.0.1, Ubuntu 8.04.2

I tried to update Plesk to 10.0.1 and received the email that everything was successful.

EXPECTED RESULT: Successful upgrade... celebrate with a beer...

ACTUAL RESULT: Even though the upgrade sent me an email saying everything was successful, when I go to log into the panel, it ends with an error:
ERROR: PleskFatalException
Components::componentUpdate() failed: Unable to exec utility packagemng: file does not exist or is not executable: /opt/psa/admin/bin/packagemng
0: auth.php3:563

I tried the update again from the command line using /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --enable-xml-output --source-type=plesk --target=/root/psa. However, it reports that it's already updated AND it fails at trying to install any new components saying,
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.

I actually tried running dpkg --configure -a to correct any problem, but it still does not work.

Anyone have any idea what the heck is going on? The server seems to be running every other service other than Plesk just fine. Sites respond, ssh responds, mysql running, etc.

Same problem, and file DOES exist

I am having the same problem, however, following are the differences in my situation:

I have upgraded from 9.5.2 to version 9.5.3 on my Ubuntu 8.04 server.

The file does exist, and following is the ls -l response:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 2010-12-04 10:06 /opt/psa/admin/bin/packagemng -> ../sbin/wrapper

Please advise.

Possible fix

Debian 4.X upgrading Plesk from 9.5.2 to 9.5.4

Encountered the same problem. Discovered two packagemng

/opt/psa/admin/sbin/packagemng
/opt/psa/admin/bin/packagemng

chmod +x wrapper on /opt/psa/admin/sbin/wrapper worked for me.

Back