• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk update hangs on patch28

Jesse Fitzgerald

New Pleskian
I got an update error today when trying to update. I looks like it hangs when trying to install a patch. Any thoughts? Here is the tail end of the log. I've uploaded the complete install log as well. Running 12.5.30 Update #27 on Centos 6.6 Final. Thanks.

File downloading PSA_12.5.30/microupdates/MU27/common/admin/application/default/views/scripts/wordpress/list.phtml: completed.
File downloading PSA_12.5.30/microupdates/MU27/common/admin/htdocs/javascript/wordpress-popup-manager.js: completed.
File downloading PSA_12.5.30/microupdates/MU28/common/pleskbackup: 12%..20%..33%..42%..51%..60%..73%..81%..Error: Recv failure: Connection reset by peer, retry...
Error: Recv failure: Connection reset by peer, retry...
Error: Recv failure: Connection reset by peer, retry...

ERROR: error during prepare patch plesk-12.5.30~patch28
Failed to download the package http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_12.5.30/microupdates/MU28/common/pleskbackup:
Recv failure: Connection reset by peer
Not all packages were installed.
Please try installing packages again later.
Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

Attachments

• parallels-installation-log.txt
    164.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Igor,

Thanks for the timely response. I did fix the problem, but I'm baffled. I applied all of the fixes outlined in https://kb.plesk.com/en/113175 to no avail, then I looked through my firewall logs for 68.232.34.73 (Its a Dell Sonicwall hardware device which is licensed and up to date) and found the the intrusion/prevention rules were preventing the connection. I disabled IPS temporarily and the update completed with no problems. Here are the messages from my firewall logs. This shows for each connection attempt when the IPS feature is turned on:

IPS Prevention Alert: INFO Obfuscated JavaScript Code 13, SID: 7629, Source 68.232.34.73, 80, X1
IPS Prevention Alert: ICMP Echo Reply, SID: 316&#44 Source 68.232.34.73, X1

I wonder what changed since the last update to trigger these?

--Jesse

Back