• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Update to 8.4 failed

D

dams

Hello,

Now, I have last Plesk 8.3.0 version and no problem on my server. But when I want to Update to Plesk 8.4.0 directly from Plesk Updater the process for list all updates availables is very very long but I can see the list of updates after about 5 minutes. I check all updates what I need (not Counter Strike, BattleField etc...) and I continue the Install. But after, the page loading very long and show a blank page (only show left menu of my Plesk) and all stopping.

My configuration is :

CPU AuthenticAMD, AMD Sempron(tm) 2600+ Version psa v8.3.0_build83080131.20 os_FedoraCore 6 OS Linux 2.6.20-1.2925.fc6

I hope you understand me but I'm French and I think my English is not good.

Try Try Try

I have executed the following command in SSH :

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --enable-xml-output --source-type=plesk --target=/root/psa --select-release-id=PLESK_8_4_0 [email protected] --install-component=psa-autoinstaller --no-daemon

And the response was :

Fichier en cours de téléchargement products.inf3: 100% fait.
Fichier en cours de téléchargement plesk.inf3: 16%..20%..30%..54%..61%..72%..8 9%..93%..100% fait.
Fichier en cours de téléchargement sitebuilder.inf3: 31%..40%..54%..77%..81%.. 91%..100% fait.
Fichier en cours de téléchargement sso.inf3: 22%..50%..78%..100% fait.
Recherche des packages installés ...
Fichier en cours de téléchargement PSA_8.4.0/plesk-8.4.0-fc6-i386.inf3: 12%..20%..30%..40%..52%..60%..70%..81%..90%..100% fait.
Recherche des composants de produit installés en cours.
Vous disposez déjà de la dernière version de Plesk et tous les composants sélectionnés
sont déjà installés. L'installation va s'arrêter.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?><autoinstaller status="install_ok" />

The translate in english (strong text) :

You have already the latest version of Plesk and all selected components

It's wrong ! I still have the 8.3 !!

The installer takes a while to update. How long did you wait?

From Plesk, a blank page showing after I check the confirmation of install (the page where I put the email address where I want to receive the log of update). First, I think it's not normal. I wait about 5 minutes and nothing happens.

But now, I've executed the autoinstaller directly in SSH by the command "/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller" and I choose the update. The script search all dependencies and download a lot of packages RPM. But the download it's very long, so I started the update at 3:00 PM and now, 9:10 PM it still run and I don't know when it was finish.

I think the problem it's not in the Plesk Cpanel, but the blank page appear because a timeout of loading of update.

For more information, I put the detail of my SSH command in attachment (I've translate the file from french to english)

Confirm me, the autoinstaller where I've executed it's correctly and no reinstall all my system !! lol

I wait your confirm before continue all request

Attachments

• log_update.txt
    14.1 KB · Views: 54
Long Long Long but good

Hello !

I've finished the update of Plesk 8.4 in SSH command and all it's okay now. I've left the server work during 4 hours for download all packages and install it and all it's good.

Back