• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Updater not updating

T

TXRanger

I am running Plesk 7.5.3 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 8). I started off with Plesk 7.0, but upgraded to 7.5.3 about a year ago. I decided to use the Plesk Updater to update to 7.5.4 to prepare for a future upgrade to Plesk 8. After solving a couple of minor dependency issues I finally got it to run without errors. However, it is still showing that it is running 7.5.3, and every time I run the updater for "Base packages of Plesk" under Plesk 7.5.4 Components the autoinstaller3.log shows "Installation done.
Exit with OK status". But it still says I am running 7.5.3. I have gone through this several times, and even rebooted the server.

Since I am not seeing anything obvious in the log file, how can I figure out what is keeping me from being updated to 7.5.4. Any ideas? Thanks!!

dude, always update using SSH not the updater in Plesk. That way you can see whats going on and its much less prone to causing problems.

Thanks for the tip. I ran the /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller from bash via SSH, which I believe is what you suggested. The 2 required packages were "Base packages of Plesk" and "Plesk migration manager". Upon completion, I still got the same result saying that the upgrade to 7.5.4 was done, but the version is 7.5.3. The final screen gave me:
Code:
Preparing system for Plesk installation
===============================================================================

There are 0 standard packages, that are necessary for Plesk and which
were not found in your system.

There are 0 standard packages, that are installed, but will be upgraded
for product installation.

N) Install Plesk and all required packages; P) Go back;
Q) Cancel installing; L) Show list of packages;
Select action [N]:
Get Plesk product packages.
Get system update packages.
Start packages installation
Installation done.
It still says I am at 7.5.3, so something is not working.

Any other ideas?

Back