1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk Upload File "That's Not-A-Bug"

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by MobileNow, Apr 21, 2005.

1. MobileNow

MobileNow Guest

So I recenly installed Plesk on my server and it look about a week for me to get it up and running "acceptably" basically because of what I feel is one bug that's not a bug - its the web file uploader.

This was my email to SW-Soft
    <quote>
    I've been playing around with Plesk and the security settings and it appears when uploading and extracting a zip archive that the folders that get extracted inherit the security settings of the parent directory (good) while the extracted files do not (bad). Any confirmation on this?
    </quote>

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but after a nearly 2 day long support ticket wait, I got this response:
    <quote>
    No, this issue is not to be considered as a bug. This is Plesk logics.
    To inherit permissions all files have to be uploaded to server via FTP.
    </quote>
    Well, that's dumb.

I love Plesk though, I'm so glad I got it, I just wish the support had been better.

2. pboisso

pboisso Guest

Agree with you, Plesk's support sucks!

Too bad they have such an horrible support, because it would be such a nice company otherwise because their product are great (when you get them to work properly).

3. MobileNow

MobileNow Guest

So is this a bug or a "feture"?

So when I upload files via the online File Manager, they don't inherit permissions.

Is this a bug or a feature?

I seem to think its a bug, but my support guy seem to say it was by design (accidental design?).

Any ideas?