• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Upload File "That's Not-A-Bug"

M

MobileNow

So I recenly installed Plesk on my server and it look about a week for me to get it up and running "acceptably" basically because of what I feel is one bug that's not a bug - its the web file uploader.

This was my email to SW-Soft
<quote>
I've been playing around with Plesk and the security settings and it appears when uploading and extracting a zip archive that the folders that get extracted inherit the security settings of the parent directory (good) while the extracted files do not (bad). Any confirmation on this?
</quote>

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but after a nearly 2 day long support ticket wait, I got this response:
<quote>
No, this issue is not to be considered as a bug. This is Plesk logics.
To inherit permissions all files have to be uploaded to server via FTP.
</quote>
Well, that's dumb.

I love Plesk though, I'm so glad I got it, I just wish the support had been better.

Agree with you, Plesk's support sucks!

Too bad they have such an horrible support, because it would be such a nice company otherwise because their product are great (when you get them to work properly).

So is this a bug or a "feture"?

So when I upload files via the online File Manager, they don't inherit permissions.

Is this a bug or a feature?

I seem to think its a bug, but my support guy seem to say it was by design (accidental design?).

Any ideas?

Back