• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Web Editor question

R

riktad

We are currently using cPanel and are not quite satisfied, so we are currently looking at switching over to Plesk. One of our major issues with cPanel is the built-in WYSIWYG html-editor (wysiwygpro). It has a bug concerning the use of special chars (like the swedish åäö and the german ü) (bug report).

We're interested in Plesk and the Plesk Web Editor (not SiteBuilder), but it is not featured in the demo, and the trial version of Plesk I have will not install locally (and I do not wish to install it on the production server while cPanel is running).

My question is simple: Anyone here use the web editor, and what are your experiences with it? I am particularly interested in experiences from say Germany, France, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, since we usually have problems with software configured for UTF-8 (we prefer iso-8859-1) and for whom special characters absolutely must work without problems (éèêô for france, üö för germany, åäö för sweden etc).

So, anyone out there have any experience with the Plesk Web Editor? Are there any pitfalls or bugs concerning this, or can I smoothly switch to Plesk and not have to worry about this?

We have found that unless you use UTF-8 page encoding things go horribly wrong when editing pages with PPWSE (Plesk Professional Website Editor - which is what I think you are referring to. Plesk also has a CMS option which is basically just Mambo).

Faris.

Back