• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk Web Pro with +133% price increase?

bootted

New Pleskian
I'm here because in 2021 I paid 165 € for a 2 years Plesk Web Pro license (using OpenProvider). Now I'm asked to pay 385 € for 2 years license?
Plesk is going crazy? Guys do you have some suggestions to buy it cheaper or migrate to honest priced products to manage my server?

Honestly I don't have that much money to run my server. 165 € x2 years was high anyway, but this time they're really exaggerating.

Many thanks.

No.

As already posted in my reply to your other comment in Question - Ridiculous price increase there has not been such a steep price increase.

Plesk had moderately increased prices to match inflation. Please let us know whether you have purchased your licences from a reseller, because there are some resellers out there who took their chances to raise prices to an excessively high level that you experience. But it is surely not Plesk that did it.

With so many free webhosting managers out there now, is makes no sense for individual or self-hosting users to subject themselves to the costs of Plesk.

I've been a customer since Plesk's early days, originally attracted by its mission to simplify server management. However, I've noticed a shift towards a subscription model with pricing that seems quite high, especially considering most users primarily engage with the panel only during initial setup.

I understand the need for a subscription model, but I believe the current pricing could be more aligned with the actual value and usage provided to users. A more balanced approach might better serve and retain long-term customers like myself.

We are currently exploring alternatives, including Webuzo, which seems promising. After a 20-year partnership with Plesk, it might be time for us to consider a change.

Back