• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk wil not start

solidram

New Pleskian
command line: service psa start

3ce02a2a43.png

Any help please ?

Is this a fresh install? What changes did you make right before you restarted? Have you checked your syslog?

Last edited:
No i have plesk for several months, but before yesterday it stopped work alone, I think this is due to an update
(Sorry for my bad english, i'm french)

So what did your logs say? There's no way anyone here is going to be able to help you until you dump your logs.

I'm sorry, but what exactly logs? and how to access? I do not really have a good level in linux, so I bought plesk is to avoid touching linux: /

lol, no matter what control panel you get, you will have to know some "linux" to get everything tuned. Start learning if you want to continue running a website or have someone else manage the server for you.
Reboot your server then post your syslog. It's usually in /var/log

Is it inevitably to reboot the server?
Because i have several open applications and are used by users

No, I just wanted you to do that to get a fresh log. You can just open the syslog and find where the startup was logged on your last reboot then paste that here.

Hi solidram,

please have a look at: Parallels Plesk Panel for Linux services logs and configuration files ( KB: 111283 ).

As you can see, the Plesk Control Panel has several logs, which you might investigate, to point to issues/problems. If you have problems in solving your issues, please provide some log - entries and some informations, what you already did to solve the issue/problem and add some informations of your operating system and the current Plesk version ( inkl. MU ).

Maybe the latest updates/upgrades/patches were incomplete. Please try first the command:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

... to make sure, that your latest updates/upgrades/patches went trought without errors. Afterwards please try another restart of psa and provide again possible errors from the logs.

If this suggestion fails, please start a bootstrapper repair with:

/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.0.18-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

... and again, please try to restart the psa afterwards and post possible new errors from the logs.

Hi solidram,

after using autoinstaller or/and bootstrapper, you always have additional logs, which are located at : /var/log/plesk/install/
Please add them as attachments or insert them in CODE - brackets for a better viewing.

I found errors only in this file /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.0.18_repair_problems.log

------------------------------
START Bootstrapper 12.0.18 repair AT Sat Nov 1 03:02:16 CET 2014
***** problem report *****
ERROR while trying to store APS controller db connection parameters into product db
Check the error reason(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.0.18_repair.log), fix and try again
STOP Bootstrapper 12.0.18 repair AT Sat Nov 1 03:02:19 CET 2014: PROBLEMS FOUND
------------------------------

EDIT: I do see no problem in tis file /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.0.18_repair.log

When i send the INSERT request:
INSERT INTO `misc` VALUES ('aps_database','apsc'),('aps_host','localhost'),('aps_login','apsc'),('aps_password','my_secret_password'),('aps_port','3306'),('aps_secure_passwords','true');

It returns me this error:
ERROR 1062 (23000): Duplicate entry 'aps_database' for key 'PRIMARY'

I keep the other applications, and when i run a bootstrapper is always the same errors in the logs, and the PSA will not start.

Back