1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk Windows - Website ask for username and password

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by megri, Nov 11, 2005.

1. megri

megri Guest

This is my second attempt to get the proper answer, my questions is as belwo:-

We have windows server with pleask lastest version, when we create some websites, they asks fro username and password when we open in browser.

Is there any server end problem or any site creation problems

2. ecohosting

ecohosting Guest

This problem is affecting lots of people and is incredibly annoying. Many people have posted work arounds but I can't seem to get it working. SWSoft has been pretty quite about this as its customers are getting frustrated. I have a new server, clean new windows 2003 server install and a clean Plesk with the recent patch (plesk7.5.4_update051003.15.msp) and I can't get one bloody site to work!!

Hello!! Is anyone listening to this?!?

3. Antony

Antony Guest

This is the link to patch
    This is release notes link

Also there is one more thing to do - open command-line window and type there:
    cd %plesk_bin%
    websrvmng --update-anon-passwords-all

This helps in 99.999% of cases.

4. zubin

zubin Guest

how can this be run for a single domain?

5. Antony

Antony Guest

try websrvmng --update-anon-password --domain-name=<domain_name>

the full list of switches for websrvmng is available at websrvmng /? output.

6. zubin

zubin Guest

excellent. thanks! is there something for this command in documentation?

7. Antony

Antony Guest

Most command-line utilities are described in plesk-win-advanced-features-manual.pdf and other manuals shipped with Plesk