• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk12 / PHP mail() not working

Evilmachine

Basic Pleskian
Hi there,

since my upgrade to Plesk 12 the php mail function ist not working.
In detail the functions works but postfix is rejecting the mails.

In the logs i see

May 30 19:57:50 bazingo py_limit_out[19005]: ERROR Rejecting forged message: PPP_SENDER_VHOST_ID is present in environment, but its value is empty
May 30 19:57:50 bazingo plesk sendmail[19004]: handlers_stderr: DATA REPLY:554:5.7.0 Your message could not be sent. The sender's domain is not registered in Panel, or is misconfigured.#012REJECT
May 30 19:57:50 bazingo plesk sendmail[19004]: REJECT during call 'limit-out' handler

The Domain is properly configured and present in panel.
I did run mchk but the problem still exists.

Any ideas??

Do you have outgoing mail control turned on? Do you run PHP as Apache module?

Try running mail_restore / mchk and then httpdmng --reconfigure-all (or only the domain you're interested in).

Please check that you have sysenv Apache module enabled. If you do, grep your domain Apache configuration for PP_VHOST_ID and paste output here (you may want to obfuscate any GUIDs and other potentially sensitive information in the output).

Please also verify that you don't have any Panel updates via Parallels Installer.

No updates via installer.
Sysenv is activated.

Conf output

root@bazingo:~# cat /var/www/vhosts/system/hotel-garni-springe.de/conf/httpd.conf | grep VHOST_ID
SetSysEnv PP_VHOST_ID "a4988280-6b83-4bc0-bb88-29db385e2442"
SetSysEnv PP_VHOST_ID "a4988280-6b83-4bc0-bb88-29db385e2442"

OK, put the following PHP script somewhere inside webroot of your domain and then fetch it via browser:

<?php
$val = getenv('PP_VHOST_ID');
echo "PP_VHOST_ID = $val;\n";

Does the output match the GUID you've found previously?

Are you able to send mail via sendmail from shell as the subscription's system user?

Back