• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PleskControlPanel broke after upgrading from 10.0.1 to 10.1.1

One thing I do have is a constant "MySQL" component update, even though the update runs through successfully it still shows are a component update.
Do you have MySQL manually updated to newer version? Which version displayed in Settings->Components Management? For Plesk 10.1.1 it should be 5.1.48.

MySQL update

Do you have MySQL manually updated to newer version? Which version displayed in Settings->Components Management? For Plesk 10.1.1 it should be 5.1.48.

Thanks for your reply and help. Under the settings it shows as "MySQL 5.1.48"

If I go to update through "Tools & Utilities" -> Update I get

snap1.gif

When I select "Update Components"
snap2.gif

When I hit "Continue"
snap3.gif

After it finished it shows all done successfully
snap4.gif

However on going back you end up with the "Components to update" message

Doesn't work for me

I have a Win2008 R2 with 10.0 to 10.1, all is offline thanks to this update.

Error I have is:

Failed to install 'C:\d53066b32f252ed4eb69913c8aa008f6\parallels\PANEL-WIN_10.1.1\dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386\plesk.msi' with error 1603
Action '<install-msi-package command-line='ISTEMPLATE=&quot;[ISTEMPLATE]&quot; SECURELESS=&quot;[SECURELESS]&quot; ADDLOCAL=ALL PLESK_PASSWORD=&quot;[PLESK_PASSWORD]&quot; INSTALLDIR=&quot;[PLESK_INSTALLDIR]&quot; DATADIR=&quot;[PLESK_DATADIR]&quot; VHOSTSDIR=&quot;[PLESK_VHOSTSDIR]&quot; ALLUSERS=1 ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT=1 REBOOT=R AUTOINSTALLER=1' />' failed with error 1603
Error: Action sequence 'upgrade: upgrading Parallels Panel core components...' of package 'plesk' has been failed with code 1603
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.

Reg-keys discussed don't exist for my installation

Unfortunately, error 1603 is generic MSI error means ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE
So if you see error 1603 then error is hidden in installation log.

Can you please provide me in Private Message your autoinstaller3.log file located at random folder in system drive, like:
C:\4c1e1bd6f1d35dd4c8d23f8690721e1b\autoinstaller3.log

Probably you have another issue.

One thing I do have is a constant "MySQL" component update, even though the update runs through successfully it still shows are a component update.

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but just wanted to share some of my findings to this issue for people looking for a solution.

The constant MySQL update notice is because the updater doesn't install the MySQL update in the same location as the existing MySQL installation. The update instead takes place in the default MySQL Server installation path, and if that differs from the one used during Plesk Panel installation (and it usually does), your existing installation is not updated.

In other words, it looks for an updatable version in the location used during the initial installation, and since this isn't the one that's actually being updated, it will display it as not updated..

This bug in the Plesk Panel updater actually destroyed my Plesk server, and Parallels spent several days to fix it. Looking thru the logs, I have confirmed that this error actually happened during upgrade to 10.1.1. Later upgrades (to 10.2) did not fix it. In my case, a new MySQL server installation was performed in the default MySQL Server installation path instead of the existing one, but the databases for Billing, Sitebuilder and user databases was not moved accordingly, leaving them unusable.

I am waiting for Parallels to confirm my findings. Since this happened when I updated to 10.1.1, and we didn't see it before updating to 10.2, I am not sure if the fixed this in the 10.2 update. If Parallels don't confirm that they have actually fixed it, I would not recommend anyone updating Plesk to 10.1.1 or later.

BTW: The Plesk Panel itself worked fine after the update since it is not depending on MySQL, but Billing, Sitebuilder and user installed MySQL databases did not. I do believe that moving the databases to the newly installed MySQL server instance would have fixed this, but I'm not sure since it seems that Parallels for some reason chose another approach when they fixed my system.

Right. On previous Plesk versions there were problems when you install Plesk to server where MySQL server was already installed. In latest 10.3 version ability to install Plesk for Win over installed MySQL server has been added.

I just tried to upgrade from version 10.1 to 10.3 and my server is down now

Dear Plesk/Parallels Support Engineers,

I followed your advice from the forum and installed the latest 10.3 update. It is needless to say, that was a huge mistake, you never seem to disappoint me. To this date every upgrade/update that I have installed over the past 8 years from your site broke my server, if it worked flawlessly I would be amazed. You would think that after so many times one would be wiser and avoid those updates but i am just like a moth flying straight into the fire.

I am getting the same error messages like everyone else, I have attached the error log to this message as well.
Failed to install 'C:\b9164d1127c16db42b315abe13212b00\parallels\SITEBUILDER-WIN_10.3.0\dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386\sitebuilder.msi' with error 1603
Action '<install-msi-package command-line="ADDLOCAL=ALL ALLUSERS=1 ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT=1 REBOOT=R" />' failed with error 1603
Error: Action sequence 'install: installing SiteBuilder...' of package 'sitebuilder' has been failed with code 1603

What should I do next? I am getting tired paying you money every to fix your own mistakes. Furthermore what more do you need to understand that your support services are below par? So many people complain that they have paid money and no one helped them, that happened to me the last time and it took you guys over 2 weeks to respond to me and then another 2 weeks to bring my server back up. I just don't understand how a company like yours can stay in business with such a poor service record...

Same problem here. Plesk destroyed. 600 users can't access the panel nor the FTP

File downloading PANEL-WIN_10.3.1/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/mysql-server-configurator.msi: completed.
Starting installation of packages
configuring MySQL server...
MSI: Error! Critical action 'Registering MySQL Server in Parallels Panel...' has been failed:
Command "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\local_mysql_helper.exe" --register-in-plesk failed with code 255.
Output:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getContext() on a non-object in C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\Navigation.php on line 59

at (CmdAction::Commit line 413)
at Execute action Registering MySQL Server in Parallels Panel...(executeListline 288)
Failed to install 'C:\209594761239a4040b938e9bb00437ba\parallels\PANEL-WIN_10.3.1\dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386\mysql-server-configurator.msi' with error 1603

ERROR: Action sequence 'install: configuring MySQL server...' of package 'mysql-server-configurator' has been failed with code 1603

jorfermo, do you have support ticket opened? Please send to me privately ID of ticket.
Additionally, could you please zip and send to me autoinstaller3.log (can be found at c:\<random hash>\ folder)

Hi Pavel.

Yes, I have a ticket opened. I'll send you the info.

Just in case somebody is in the same case this is the last message I got from support. It seems to be a solution but they didn't do it. So I'm waiting for them to solve it (during 4 days).

Latest Plesk DB backup:

>findstr /c:"Server version" "%plesk_dir%\MySQL\Backup\psa-20110904.sql"
-- Server version 5.0.45-community-nt

But Plesk DB is hosted on MySQL 4.

So there are 2 ways:

1. Restore DB from this backup on current MySQL 4 and upgrade DB using dbupgrade.
2. Switch Plesk DB server to MySQL 5 and do the same.

MySQL 4 is a preferred way.
Please note that switching Plesk DB server to MySQL 5 is an unsupported configuration.

Back