• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PleskFatalException after install Backup Manager

martijnbakker

Basic Pleskian
ERROR: PleskFatalException

------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /opt/psa/admin/plib/backup/BackupRestoreCommon.php:236
BackupLocalRepositoryDriver->getBackupsList()
1: /opt/psa/admin/plib/backup/BackupRestoreCommon.php:84
BackupRestoreCommon->fetchBackupsList(object of type
BackupLocalRepositoryDriver)
2: /opt/psa/admin/plib/backup/BackupRestoreCommon.php:76
BackupRestoreCommon->getLocalBackupsList()
3: /opt/psa/admin/plib/backup/BackupFilesList.php:126
BackupFilesList->getLocalRepostitorySize()
4: /opt/psa/admin/plib/report/class.ClientReport.php:255
ClientReport::getBackupsRepositorySize(object of type Client)
5: /opt/psa/admin/plib/class.DomainsForm.php:228
DomainsForm->assign(object of type DomainsList, object of type
Client, object of type ClientPermissions)
6: /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/domains.php3:231

I removed the backup manager by hand and the problem was over.

The above message came after opening a client.

Someone knows what to do or just wait for a fix of it ?

There are two posts in this forum on this topic already, I suggest checking those instead of posting a seperate thread.

Originally posted by martijnbakker
ERROR: PleskFatalException

------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /opt/psa/admin/plib/backup/BackupRestoreCommon.php:236
BackupLocalRepositoryDriver->getBackupsList()
1: /opt/psa/admin/plib/backup/BackupRestoreCommon.php:84
BackupRestoreCommon->fetchBackupsList(object of type
BackupLocalRepositoryDriver)
2: /opt/psa/admin/plib/backup/BackupRestoreCommon.php:76
BackupRestoreCommon->getLocalBackupsList()
3: /opt/psa/admin/plib/backup/BackupFilesList.php:126
BackupFilesList->getLocalRepostitorySize()
4: /opt/psa/admin/plib/report/class.ClientReport.php:255
ClientReport::getBackupsRepositorySize(object of type Client)
5: /opt/psa/admin/plib/class.DomainsForm.php:228
DomainsForm->assign(object of type DomainsList, object of type
Client, object of type ClientPermissions)
6: /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/domains.php3:231

I have the same error. Do you resolve it ?

Could you tell me more about your configuration on what you are running Plesk? So i can give you more information for resolving it.

I resolved the problem by complete distupgrade on my debian installation from sarge to etch and then it worked perfect.

Btw. until i found out how to resolve, i removed psa-backup-manager from the system and restarted psa. So plesk is usable again, but without the backup functionality

Thanks for your response,
I'm using plesk 8.2 an debian 4.0. In fact i upgrade a debian sarge to etch, upgrade php4 to php5 and upgrade plesk from 8.1.1 to 8.2.

After a lot of install / upgrade / remove etc i finally have plesk and php 5 working.

But the only think that still not working is the backup module. Maybe i have to reinstall it with the command line installer ?

Originally posted by iben
Thanks for your response,
I'm using plesk 8.2 an debian 4.0. In fact i upgrade a debian sarge to etch, upgrade php4 to php5 and upgrade plesk from 8.1.1 to 8.2.

After a lot of install / upgrade / remove etc i finally have plesk and php 5 working.

But the only think that still not working is the backup module. Maybe i have to reinstall it with the command line installer ?

Yeah that worked for me, i removed plesk completely from the system and after that i updated/upgraded every possible package.

how can i uninstall the backup manager ? in order to reinstall it ?

Are you sure its still installed? You are getting the same message ? When you want to install it > apt-get install psa-backup-manager

when you still get the message and you want to remove it :

apt-get remove psa-backup-manager

im not sure but it can be an other packagename in previous versions of plesk but try.

What i did is removing all psa packages with :

apt-get remove psa* , pretty drastic but a whole clean install worked for me because the error has something to do with version conflicts

PS . before the reinstall of plesk i ran a apt-get update / upgrade because i get dependency problems with some packages

in fact i try to run the auto installer (last version) to ee if backup is really installed. It's ok, the component it's installed and the autoinstaller have no update to do for this component.

Because of dependencies problems will upgrading to php5 wih the wrong way i remove all the psa compoenent with apt-get remove psa. After that every thing was ok except the backup manager...

I'll try to do a apt-get remove psa-backup-manager.

Ok, most of all updates i do among the shell because youre seeing whats happening , and whats going wrong. Because i dont like the autoinstaller, its pretty much giving problems.

Originally posted by martijnbakker
Ok, most of all updates i do among the shell because youre seeing whats happening , and whats going wrong. Because i dont like the autoinstaller, its pretty much giving problems.

When i talk about autoinstaller i talk about the shell script. One time i use the GUI and and have to reinstall all my plsk...

Remove and install the backup manager didn't solve my problems :/

You are sure that you removed all psa packages before installing.

apt-get remove psa-*
apt-get remove psa*

apt-get upgrade

apt-get install psa

Try, it worked for me. Because only removing the psa-backup-manager is probably not enough because is comes with the migration manager package, i think.

BTW whats in your sources.list ?

my sources.list :
Code:
mirrors of my host services fort the debian stable
deb [url]http://security.debian.org/[/url] stable/updates main
deb [url]http://autoinstall.plesk.com/debian/PSA_8.2.0[/url] etch all

i'm afraid that if i remove psa i lost my configuration (ok i have only one domain but...)
And i hope it's going to break my php5...

my sources.list :
Code:
mirrors of my host services fort the debian stable
deb [url]http://security.debian.org/[/url] stable/updates main
deb [url]http://autoinstall.plesk.com/debian/PSA_8.2.0[/url] etch all

i'm afraid that if i remove psa i lost my configuration (ok i have only one domain but...)
And i hope it's going to break my php5...

Your config stays, its in your database

Only what changes is plesk themes.

Probably you want to backup your /etc

I try a backup from the command line and it works if i us a local filepath or a ftp path.

I think i'm going to use it with cron and stay with my fatalexception.

I try a backup from the command line and it works if i us a local filepath or a ftp path.

I think i'm going to use it with cron and stay with my fatalexception.

Your choice, but as a said, its pretty simple to eliminate it. But if you dont want to remove it completely its your decision.

Well i think that now i have a plesk .bk file, i'm going to do a mysqldump and an ftp backup and try to night to remove / install psa.

Thanks for your help :)

Well i think that now i have a plesk .bk file, i'm going to do a mysqldump and an ftp backup and try to night to remove / install psa.

Thanks for your help :)

Btw, i dont like the bk files, because you ll need plesk to open it.

What i backup is :

/etc/
/opt/psa
/var/lib/mysql
/home/vhosts > /var/www/vhosts

in a tar or so. Because with some updates of plesk it changes config files, so with this all backuped you are sure you have everything save.

Good luck ;)

Back