• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

pmmcli fails with segfault

J

JustForSupport

Plesk-Version: 9.3.0
Distro: OpenSuse 11.0

Hello guys,

Since I was forced to upgrade to a newer kernel-version
>>Linux 2.6.32.28 x86_64<<
pmmcli refuses to work.

When i login to the plesk-admin-console and click the menu-point named "Backup Manager" i only get the following error-message:
-----------------------------------------
Failed to parse response. Reason: Failed to read data from stream Process output:

0: PMMConnector.php:537
PMMConnector->getResponse(object of type StreamXMLReader)
1: PMMConnector.php:63
PMMConnector->getDumpList(object of type PMMDumpsStorageCredentials, object of type PMMObjectSpecification)
2: BackupLocalRepositoryList.php:17
BackupLocalRepositoryList->fetchBackupLocalRepositoryList()
3: class.cList.php3:99
cList->fetchList()
4: class.cList.php3:118
cList->init()
5: backup.abstract-repository.php:46
__backup__abstract_repository->accessItemsList(string 'GET', NULL null)
6: backup.abstract-repository.php:26
__backup__abstract_repository->accessItem(string 'GET', NULL null)
7: UIPointer.php:596
UIPointer->access(string 'GET')
8: plesk.php:38

After searching the forums i found a thread where someone has the same problem like me: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=98209

I already tried to reinstall python and python-xml (version 2.5.2-26.4.x86_64) as stated by the supporter IgorG in http://forum.parallels.com/showpost.php?p=409079&postcount=7
But this had no effect and the problem persists.

I also tried the command /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmmcli --get-dumps-list but i do not get any output from it. No matter how long i wait. When i CTRL+C out of it i get the following:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
<errcode>1002</errcode>
<errmsg>Unhandled exception in pmmcli:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/pmmcli/pmmcli.py", line 1846, in main
data_action_response, errcode_response, error_message = actions.get(sys.argv[1][2:])(parameters)
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/pmmcli/pmmcli.py", line 1664, in get_dumps_list
dump_list_query = sys.stdin.read()
KeyboardInterrupt
</errmsg>
</response>

The systemlogs (in this case /var/log/messages) tell the following:
pmmcli[8709]: segfault at 400001c4f ip 00007f64a83c9279 sp 00007ffff2907588 error 4 in libc-2.8.so[7f64a834b000+14f000]

Same problem when i try to get into the migration manager:
0: StreamXMLReader.php:108
StreamXMLReader->parse()
1: StreamXMLReader.php:175
StreamXMLReader->read(string 'response')
2: PMMResponse.php:51
PMMResponse->__construct(object of type StreamXMLReader)
3: PMMConnector.php:176
PMMConnector->getMigrationTasksList()
4: MigrationCurrentTasksList.php:54
MigrationCurrentTasksList->fetchMigrationCurrentTasksList()
5: class.cList.php3:99
cList->fetchList()
6: class.cList.php3:118
cList->init()
7: server.migration.php:57
plesk__server__migration->accessTasksList(string 'GET', NULL null)
8: server.migration.php:44
plesk__server__migration->accessItem(string 'GET', NULL null)
9: UIPointer.php:596
UIPointer->access(string 'GET')
10: plesk.php:38

We really need to get this fixed, because we need the backup service to backup our client-data and want to migrate to another plesk-server within the next week.

Thanks for any help :)

I think I had a similar problem once and the problem was that there was still some process running that had locked something - I dont remember exactly what it was since it was quite a long time ago - but see if you can do somethign like

ps -aux | grep psa

and see what comes back

you can also try something like this

/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup server --verbose --configuration

I hate to say this too, but you can always try and reboot and see if the file/process works again.

I've got the same problem. Is there a solution available yet? I really don't know how to handle this issue. BackupMng MigrationMng and Applications tab do not work anymore after installing ImageMagick and it's dependencies. Support told me to re-install the whole server. This must be easier. Do you have news for me?

It may be more helpful to tell people what you have tried so they dont suggest that already and it may produce a result that points in a different or specific direction.

Additionally in your case specifically if the problem happened after installing a component, have you tried removing the component?

Thanks for your help so far...

running ps aux | grep psa only shows about 7 processes of courier (couriertls/couriertcp). Should there be a daemon like pmm.daemon or so?

running /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup server --verbose --configuration leads to the following error:
Runtime error: Could not run make dump with pmmcli[Illegal seek]
Which I searched the forums for >> http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=92046
But there is no solution provided. :(

Hope this will help us find a solution...

Yesterday I tried to move the contents of the server to a newer machine with Plesk 10. I was really really impressed to see that the migration manager of Plesk 10 loaded up his own huge perl-migration-whatever-script. So the above is no problem for me anymore. Nontheless it is not nice that the official supporters are ignoring this thread.

While Plesk does have some people on staff who come here, they dont do any support through this forum - unlike companies like cPanel who typically give you free support even when you put in a ticket.

I got the same error Message on a 9.2.3 Plesk

Running /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmmcli did throw

plesk_config.ExInvalidConfigLine: Invalid config line: CURL_CA_BUNDLE_FILE /usr/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt

I re-created /etc/psa/psa.conf and this issue was solved, with CURL_CA_BUNDLE_FILE still present.

I have the same issue. Running pmmcli threw the following:

[root@s15409734 ~]# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmmcli
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmmcli", line 5, in ?
import pmmcli
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/pmmcli/pmmcli.py", line 11, in ?
from xml.parsers.expat import ExpatError
File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/_xmlplus/parsers/expat.py", line 4, in ?
from pyexpat import *
ImportError: /usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/_xmlplus/parsers/pyexpat.so: undefined symbol: XML_SetSkippedEntityHandler

Back