• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue [PMT-3078] Plesk migrator fails to copy content after the initial account transfer

burnley

Regular Pleskian
Plesk 12.5 with latest #MU applied and Plesk Migrator v. 1.14.11 release 0 on both source and destination servers.
I'm trying to migrate one client and step 1, "transfer-accounts", works fine. However, step 2, when I'm trying to sync the content using "copy-content", keeps failing with the following error:
[...]
Running: /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules/panel-migrator/plesk-migrator copy-content --skip-services-checks --migration-list-file /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/migration-session/migration-list-custom --ip-mapping-file /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/conf/ipmapping.conf
[2016-09-23 10:06:50][INFO] Initialize Plesk Migrator
[2016-09-23 10:06:50][INFO] Load configuration
[...]
[2016-09-23 10:06:54][INFO] START: Fetch information from target servers
[2016-09-23 10:06:54][INFO] Get target panel's resellers for conflict resolution
[2016-09-23 10:06:54][INFO] Get target panel's plans for conflict resolution
[2016-09-23 10:06:54][INFO] Get target panel's customers for conflict resolution
[2016-09-23 10:06:54][INFO] Get target panel's domains for conflict resolution
[2016-09-23 10:06:54][INFO] FINISH: Fetch information from target servers
[2016-09-23 10:06:54][INFO] START: Convert clients and subscriptions
[2016-09-23 10:06:54][INFO] Convert resellers
[2016-09-23 10:07:08][INFO]
Detected problems

└ Client 'clientname'

└ error: According to migration list customer belongs to admin, but actually on target panel it belongs to another reseller
Fix migration list so customer belongs to the actual reseller

[2016-09-23 10:07:08][INFO] The report was saved into the file /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/migration-session/convert_report_tree.2016.09.23.10.07.08
[2016-09-23 10:07:09][ERROR] Failed to perform action: Convert clients and subscriptions
Cause: Unable to continue migration until there are no issues at 'error' level in pre-migration checks.Please review pre-migration tree above and fix the errors. You can also use --ignore-pre-migration-errors command- line option if you're sure what you are doing.
That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

This error just doesn't make sense to me. On both source and destination servers the customer belongs to admin, why does the migrator believe it belongs to another reseller?
I'm getting the same failure when trying to migrate the client from the panel as well.
I've got the debug.log, where should I look and how to fix it? It appears to be a problem somewhere in the Plesk migrator.
Thanks.

On target check in Plesk database vendor_id field for this client in clents table.

Igor, thanks for replying. Here's what I've got on the 2 servers:
1. Source:

MariaDB [psa]> select vendor_id from psa.clients where login='clientname';
+-----------+
| vendor_id |
+-----------+
| 1 |
+-----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

MariaDB [psa]> select login, type from psa.clients where id=1;
+-------+-------+
| login | type |
+-------+-------+
| admin | admin |
+-------+-------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

2. Target:

mysql> select vendor_id from psa.clients where login='clientname';
+-----------+
| vendor_id |
+-----------+
| 203 |
+-----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select login, type from psa.clients where id=203;
+-------+-------+
| login | type |
+-------+-------+
| admin | admin |
+-------+-------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Looks like on both servers 'clientname' is owned by admin.

That's the problem - admin should have vendor_id=1
Looks like your target is incorrectly configured. Who has vendor_id=1 there?

There's no id=1 on the target server, the lowest value there is 15. The target server is an older CentOS 5 machine that's been running Plesk since the dark days of 8.2 and has gone through successive upgrades all the way up to 12.5.30 :)
Guess since it's been running with admin id=203 for such a long time, there's nothing wrong with this id, is it?

You can try to fix it with

# plesk repair db

or manually, at least.

Sorry Igor, but what should I repair? What's wrong with that ID? Looks like Plesk has been running fine for many years usign this id.

Unfortunately software issue PMT-3078 has been confirmed.
As workaround I suggest to perform migration by batches of several domains in one step and without second stage "copy-content". All content will be transferred fully on first stage during "transfer-accounts". Second stage is needed for a big migrations of whole server for fastest syncing of content before switching of DNS.

Hi guys, thanks for the assistance. Unfortunately the amount of data to be transferred for this client, in excess of 40GB of emails, websites files and databases, requires stage 2, I can't migrate them in one go. In fact, common practice for these large accounts is to run stage 2 several times, but we've also got the stage 3, which will run the final sync and adjust public DNS and mail routing settings.
It'd be great if this issue is fixed as soon as practical, because this migrator is really useful for scripted jobs.

Back