• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PNG logo images replaced with huge GIF files after upload

DmitriT

New Pleskian
I selected a Sitebuilder template (ID-av-171), which has a logo as 54x50 pixels GIF file. (Site Builder 4.5.0 for Linux, hosted)
When I upload my PNG logo image, it always shows as 320x320 GIF file in Preview.

Some 2010 posts suggest it is result of resizing, so I tried to upload by logo as PNG of different sizes: 54x50 or 320x320.
The result is the same: preview shows my logo as a gif file (ugly, because of loss of semi-transparency) of 320x320 pixels size.

Any idea how to deal with this?
I cannot upgrade SiteBuilder: it's hosted by some hosting company.
(I'd prefer not to change the template: trial and error with logo uploading was already tough enogh - easier to migrate to some other framework)

Thanks

BTW, the hotfix shows that was not designed for paid SiteBuilder services: the logo resizing in that article is controlled by a site builder configuration.
When multiple users desing sites, using different logo images, the type of re-sizing should be a user option.

Sorry, it seems my previous answer was not posted.
Thanks, Igor, but this does not help me: I do not have access to the installation of SiteBuilderr: it is hosted by http://my-web-builder.com

Last edited:
Back