• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

PNG logo images replaced with huge GIF files after upload

DmitriT

New Pleskian
I selected a Sitebuilder template (ID-av-171), which has a logo as 54x50 pixels GIF file. (Site Builder 4.5.0 for Linux, hosted)
When I upload my PNG logo image, it always shows as 320x320 GIF file in Preview.

Some 2010 posts suggest it is result of resizing, so I tried to upload by logo as PNG of different sizes: 54x50 or 320x320.
The result is the same: preview shows my logo as a gif file (ugly, because of loss of semi-transparency) of 320x320 pixels size.

Any idea how to deal with this?
I cannot upgrade SiteBuilder: it's hosted by some hosting company.
(I'd prefer not to change the template: trial and error with logo uploading was already tough enogh - easier to migrate to some other framework)

Thanks

BTW, the hotfix shows that was not designed for paid SiteBuilder services: the logo resizing in that article is controlled by a site builder configuration.
When multiple users desing sites, using different logo images, the type of re-sizing should be a user option.

Sorry, it seems my previous answer was not posted.
Thanks, Igor, but this does not help me: I do not have access to the installation of SiteBuilderr: it is hosted by http://my-web-builder.com

Last edited:
Back