• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Pointing Plesk website to another server.

ev88

New Pleskian
Hello, apologies if this is the not the correct forum. We have a client that has a Plesk website and domain, and I'd like to point it to another server where we've made a website for them. I've done this in the past with simpler services such as GoDaddy's DNS page, but this is new to me.

I navigated to the DNS settings page in Plex and updated the www A record to point to our server. This was a few hours ago and unfortunately I keep getting a Sever Not Found when going to the website. I didn't touch their nameservers since they're using them for emails.

What other settings should I be changing, or should I simply wait 24-48 hours for it to fully propogate? Should I add an A record for the domain without 'www' while I'm at it? If you need to see any other settings I'll gladly supply them.

http://contourengineering.com/

Attachments

• p1.png
    p1.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 26
Okay. I have added a new A record for contourengineering.com. I'll wait to see if there's any progress tomorrow.

Attachments

• screenshot-webcontrol.winntel.com-8443-2018.04.27-07-38-09.png
    screenshot-webcontrol.winntel.com-8443-2018.04.27-07-38-09.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 28
Back