• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Possible memailfilter_use.exe issue

E

eleblanc

This morning i woke up with 50,000+ email in my mailbox, Took me a while to stop the flooding. I use Mailenable so i opened up a ticket with them. And they say that there is a issue with memailfilter_use.exe. Here is a quote from them

We have logged into your server and located the cause of the problem. There seemed to be a looping issue caused from a mailbox delivery event that may have been configured within the Plesk control panel. The delivery event was executing when messages that were received in the mailbox [email protected] which created a notification message directly into the SMTP outbound queue which had the same recipient as the mailbox that sent it. This caused the message to be delivered and fire the event again, causing a loop. We disabled the delivery event to stop this. The developers are currently communicating with Plesk to resolve the problem, as it seems that the notification messages being created by the delivery event do not have "Precedence: Bulk" in the headers which will stop the loop (since the delivery event will not then be fired as it shouldn't for system generated messages).

I'm not going to go throught all mailbox or postoffice to disable the mailbox delivery event.

So right now my smtp is disabled :eek:

Originally posted by proserve
After serveral of our customers started complaining about this issue I emailed SW-Soft support and got a fix for DrWeb.

It's at http://www.proserve.nl/~ivo/Plesk/drwebpatch.zip

The problem is caused by an update for DrWeb on the 1st of November, information about this update can be found at http://info.drweb.com/show/2690
(Thanks to Sijbe for finding this)

I hope this info is usefull for all of you searching for a fix for this problem
You can use this patch to repair your DrWeb.

Oleg...

as another Plesk user, I too awoke Wed with like 61k of posts in the SMTP queue...

I've been at MailEnable and have gotten the same answers as others...and basically, while I'm using their REG edit key to turn off the flood...

They also stated quite positively that SWSoft will work on a "fix" that will enable me to turn back on the service as well as DrWeb.

Can you offer this? IS the patch listed in this thread for DrWeb THE fix for the whole problem? IE if I update DrWeb, will that also allow me to turn the 'flood' back on using the ME tool to do so....

And the whole problem will NOT happen again?

Or is this DrWeb patch just a patch and the problem will continue to happen if I use the ME tool to turn back on the flood item?

Jim

Re: Oleg...

Originally posted by JVRudnick

Can you offer this? IS the patch listed in this thread for DrWeb THE fix for the whole problem? IE if I update DrWeb, will that also allow me to turn the 'flood' back on using the ME tool to do so....

And the whole problem will NOT happen again?

Or is this DrWeb patch just a patch and the problem will continue to happen if I use the ME tool to turn back on the flood item?

Jim

This sort of thing can happen with any software. It's called a bug.
Oleg says it works, and it seems to be working for me. Run the fix and monitor your server. That's the only way you can know for sure that it works.

Did anyone started to get error in the application event?

Event Type: Error
Event Source: runtask.exe
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1
Date: 11/9/2005
Time: 7:59:00 PM
User: N/A
Computer: WEBHOST1
Description:
'C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\DrWeb\restartDrWeb.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
at Unable to execute event(runtask::start line 209)Execute file name: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\runtask.exe

I now have in the \drweb\ folder some files missing that are in \DrWeb[0]\

Yes, I did.

I just copied the missing file from the 'backup' folder that was created and all is working just fine.

Just one thing to do... turn it on again.... bbrrrrrrrr

Additional Questions (plesk.jey and update.drl)

So I applied the Mail Enable patch, but when I turned on Dr. Web again the problem returned.

So then I applied the patch for drweb from the friendly .nl guys.

Then I copied all the files from the DrWeb[0] to the DrWeb dir, except of course for the .exe and .dll (actually, just said no to any overwriting).

But there are 2 files I wonder if I shouldn't copy and overwrite the ones generated by the patch:

plesk.key -- which I would think contains my plesk.key but it's actually from last year so I guess it does not (my server is just 1mo. old)

update.drl -- which contains some sort of signature in the url for updating.

Should I copy this files over to the updated dir and overwrite those 2 files from the patch, or should I just leave it as is?

By the way, there should be an official procedure from SWSoft by this time and save us paying customers from going through all this maze and questions...

Thanks.

I had the same exact problem. I t was caused by Dr. web update (or so I hear).
I applied the patch you reference, delete the messages from your outbound queue, and reboot server.

that fixed it for me

using plesk 7.5/mailEnable/win2003

Now I'm dealing with why plesk is delteing ME log files. Suspect is that groovy statistics.exe, which at current only delivers a blank text file for me.

how bout a patch or a fix SW?

Back