• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Post fix - 5.7.1 message content rejected - Attachment filename contains domain/email address

NateWon

Basic Pleskian
I'm having an issue where an email attachment with a domain name, or email address in the file name, causes the message to be blocked. To be clear If I rename the file to exclude those items it works no problem.

Dec 10 08:35:05 SERVERNAME postfix/cleanup[70602]: BD8632AFA9C: reject: header Content-Type: application/pdf;??name="[email protected]_20191126_112647.pdf" from mail-eopbgr1370088.outbound.protection.outlook.com[40.107.137.88]; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<AUS01-SY3-obe.outbound.protection.outlook.com>: 5.7.1 message content rejected

I have added some customization's to the setup, however it was a few years back now, so not 100% certain whether this is an addition or not. But I can't see the "message content rejected" message in those files so don't believe these are at fault (they simply check some file types etc, so not sending /.hlp files etc)
mime_header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/mime_header_checks
header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/header_checks

Reducing the Spam Filter sensitivity doesn't appear to fix the issue.

Would someone be able to help me locate where the particular configuration for this setting is, and how to disable or modify it to allow these type of documents to pass through.

I have these settings in place aswell.

smtpd_relay_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, defer_unauth_destination
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination, reject_non_fqdn_sender

Back