• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question postfix - including original subject in success bounce message

Boris Dirtl

New Pleskian
Hi!

Plesk v12.5.30_build1205150826.19 CentOS Linux 7.2.1511

I am running PLESK server on CentOS with postfix. One of my clients desperately needs the successful deliver status notifications to include the subject of the original mail.

The information I found on the web so far states that I have to define which templates to use in /etc/postfix/main.cf and create the corresponding file in the same directory. Unfortunately, I could not get the postfix server to accept my new template and use it while sending. I did not even get as far as to have the template include the original subject :D

Has anybody got some handy advice for me on how to get custom DSN-templates to work on a postfix server with PLESK? I'd also be grateful for any information on the different variables that can be used in these templates, ESPECIALLY how to include the subject :)

Thanks in advance and greetings from Austria!

Enter the following values at the prompts, replacing example.com with your own domain name. Use the up arrow and down arrow to move up and down to highlight answers, and Enter to select your answer. Here is what you need to do.

1. Select OK to proceed.
  2. Choose Internet Site.
  3. System Mail Name: example.com
  4. Root and postmaster mail recipient: root
  5. Other destinations for mail: example.com, localhost.example.com, localhost
  6. Force synchronous updates on mail queue?: No
  7. Local networks: 127.0.0.0/8
  8. Use procmail for local delivery?: No
  9. Mailbox size limit (bytes): 0
  10. Local address extension character: +
  11. Internet protocols to use: all

Back