• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Postfix mail stopped working "The requested document was not found on this server."

Chrisa

Basic Pleskian
Greetings,
I had postfix mail working fine. I attempted to install Qmail and uninstall postfix in an attempt to resolve bounce backs from msoft hotmail, outlook etc. (and that's when the fun started)

The initial uninstall/install failed. I then just tried to uninstall postfix, that failed.
I resolved that issue with a [apt-get -f install] and was able to uninstall postfix and courier and reinstall them with no installation errors.

However mail is no longer working. When I try to access the webmail from plesk/mail I (was)getting pop up error:

---
Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.
Web Server at domain.tld <-happens to be the 1st domain in plesk
---

I also tried removing all email accounts, uninstalling postfix/courier, restarting server, restarting VPS,...

At one point the pop up error stopped too. The url is the same as the address bar with an additional #

When I go to webmail.domain.tld, my browser displays the 1st website in plesk (same website that was referenced in pop up)

I tried again to uninstall/install mailman, postfix and courier. The process reports success but webmail does not work.

I've checked the logs and not getting an errors.

I'm really stumped on this one and would appreciate some suggestions.
Thanks

Versions:
Plesk v. 12.5.30
Parallels Plesk 12 on Ubuntu 14.04 (64 bits)

I am testing on two sites, one is:
PHP 5.5.9 by OS vendor run PHP as FPM application served by Apache

the other is:
PHP 5.6.18 run PHP as FPM application served by Apache
same results on both

[SOLVED] - I did further testing discovered the postfix was working - it was only webmail that wasn't working.

In /var/log/plesk-roundcube/errors I was seeing:
IMAP Error: Login failed for,....AUTHENTICATE CRAM-MD5: A0001 NO Login failed. in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php

DNS settings looked fine, nslookup was ok, /etc/hosts was ok, restarting postfix was OK:
/etc/init.d/postfix restart
* Stopping Postfix Mail Transport Agent postfix [ OK ]
* Starting Postfix Mail Transport Agent postfix [ OK ]

After exhausting all solutions on this forum, I decided to install Horde webmail to see if the problem was isolated to RoundCube.

I did see a couple of Horde errors flash by during the install pointing to /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.5.30_installation.log

HOWEVER Horde did return a valid install report and now webmail is working (still using RoundCube).

At this point I am assuming that something was corrupt in the last install and installing Horde resolved that issue.

Back