• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Postfix no mail

Wikibear

Regular Pleskian
I can't send any mail from the server. I don't get any log information about errors. Postfix is installed on opensuse 13.1.

Try to find something useful in main Plesk maillog /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 Aug 20 22:55 maillog -> /var/log/maillog
-rw-r----- 1 root root 0 Aug 20 22:55 maillog

No entrys... Sorry.

Try to send via:

echo "body content" | mail -s "subject content" [email protected]

But dont get any mail...

I have changed the hostname... Some german mail providers dont like the ugly hostnames from 1and1. But i must get anywhere a log about the action and i dont get one... Any further instructions???

After Hours of testing i found the problem. If the domain dont host the mail service, then you must switch mail service from domain if you want to sent with this email adress same as domain. EG: send a mail to [email protected] and the domain.tld is hosted by server. I switch off complete the mail service, but then this options disappear...

OK explaining:

Subscription->Domain Manage Hosting->Email Tab->Mail Settings->deactivate mail service

You don't get this setting, if you switch off mail service via:

Tools&Settings->Mail Server Settings->Enable mail management functions in Plesk

Are my doings wrong or is that a plesk bug?! If i switch off mail server, then the mail service of all domains must switch off, too... Or?

Back