• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Postfix "success" message at specific mail account

onycro

Basic Pleskian
Hello there board users,

on my mailserver there is one specific mail-account which receives success messages from postfix, when sending mails. The success message says everything is fine. Howevera ll the other mailserver users are not getting those success messages, they are just working fine. How is this possible? What can cause this problem?
And how can I stop postfix from sending success mails, instead it may be restricted to sending only error messages. (+ success messages into log files)

I am using

• ‪Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS‬
  • Plesk Onyx Version 17.0.17 Update #26

Regards and thanks a lot!
onycro

Hi onycro,

you might be interested in reading the postfix manual, so that you are able to understand a bit better the mail - server settings for your domain ( => HOME > Subscriptions > YOUR-DOMAIN.COM > (tab) Mail > (tab) Mail Settings > (choose YOUR-DOMAIN.COM) ) ... and adjust YOUR "bounce" - settings. pls.

Hi UFHH01,

thanks for your effort to help me.
The bounce settings in plesk mail settings are currently set to "reject". Which is fine for me.

My problem is that one specific mail account on my mail server is receiving positive success messages, which looks like:

Subject: Successful Mail Delivery Report

This is the mail system at host $myhostname.

Your message was successfully delivered to the destination(s)
listed below. If the message was delivered to mailbox you will
receive no further notifications. Otherwise you may still receive
notifications of mail delivery errors from other systems.

The mail system
EOF

At the moment it could propably be the users mail client. I will check on that.
For outlook this could be the reason:
Add and request read receipts and delivery notifications - Outlook

edit: Yes it was an outlook setting, see my URL for the solution.

Last edited:
Back