• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Postfix transport to external mail server

Rakhat

New Pleskian
Hi

I have Plesk 12.5
In the plesk is hosted mail server with several domains
I wold like to transport emails of the domain expample.com transport to external mail server.
How to solve

Are you using a specific provider for your external SMTP or have you set up your own?

Mail boxes of example.com are contained in the plesk. Outbound message send to external relay server then to destination mail server. How to solve

@Rakhat please follow the tutorial @UFHH01 posted for you. It explains clearly how to use external mail servers.

Unless you're looking for a set up similar to my setup, users connect to my Plesk mail server which then relays through an external mail server. If this is the case you need to manually add that capability in the postfix config file. There's many guides for this available, use your Google-Fu!

Caution: Manually editing the Postfix config file has potential to seriously break things, if you're not sure what you're doing you should leave it alone and have a qualified sys-admin carry out the work.

Back