• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved [PPP-53111] Problem to restart my server

Kulturmensch

Regular Pleskian
When I try to restart my server using plesk /server administration/server restart then I get the error message:

JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

Any idea what this mean and how to solve it?

hello @Kulturmensch ,
we were not able to reproduce this problem on the latest publicly available Obsidian.
I can provide you only simple recommendations like to clear your browser cache and try to disable advertisment blockers, like adblock/ublock/etc (if they are installed)

in case it did not help you probably should submit technical support request.

Heyho,
I ran into the same "issue" today, but the server restarts as expected.

I tried it with the latest Firefox (Addons disabled) an I get the same message:
JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

I also tried with the latest Edge and got another message:
Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0

I can reproduce this anytime I restart the server. I also get these messages on another server I manage.

Plesk Obsidian v18.0.35_build1800210526.11
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (virtual)

@ALAA_20 which Plesk version are you running?

When you connect to your server via SSH you can use the sudo plesk -v command to get the Plesk version.

i have same error
The initially reported error of this thread was
When I try to restart my server using plesk /server administration/server restart then I get the error message: ...
- Do you restart your server using Tools & Settings > Server Administration > Server Restart?
- Do you see "JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data" when you do that?

CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Product
Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.52 Update #2, last updated on May 3, 2023 11:39 PM
I have get that error sometimes on login page,sometimes when i try to install a extension

I have get that error sometimes on login page,sometimes when i try to install a extension
What error exactly? Is it exactly "the same" that was discussed in this thread?
- Do you restart your server using Tools & Settings > Server Administration > Server Restart?
- Do you see "JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data" when you do that?

Back