• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue [PPPM-5671] Applications not available to customers can be selected from the app vault

Bitpalast

Plesk addicted!
Plesk Guru
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Onyx 17.07 #13, CentOS 7.3, 64-Bit

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
In the application vault, Open-XChange has been installed on the system, but it was marked as "unavailable for customers". Yet software is offered in customer subscriptions for installation.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Download Open-XChange app, then set it as "unavailable for customers", then go into a customer's subscription panel, select "App" tab, search for Open-XChange.

ACTUAL RESULT
App available to customer

EXPECTED RESULT
App not available to customer

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
I have only tested it against this one application. I assume the same issue exists for other applications from the application vault.

If you try to install it, you will see the message:

Warning: Unable to install Open-Xchange. It requires preliminary configuration by your hosting provider.

And app will not be installed.

Yes, that is the one thing with Open-XChange, but if an app is marked as "unavailable to customers", it should not be included in the catalogue to choose from in the first place.

Because customers are looking at the catalogue and seeing "Oh, great I can do this and that with the server..." and when the continue to installation they are generating unnecessary support cases, because the apps offered are actually not available. If the setting "unavailable to customers" does not have the effect that apps are not displayed in the catalogue for selection, the setting does not make much sense.

Back