• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

pre9-backup-convert.exe

J

jamescrown

Has anyone been able to convert older PSA backups? Here is my attempt:

C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>pre9-backup-convert.exe --source="%plesk_bin%\backup.psa" --destination="%plesk_dir%\Backup"

Unexpected name of pinfo: info_not_requiredinfo_not_required
No variable 'lastSappPrefix' in context
Created dump:
converted_info_0812301645.xml

However when I login to plesk the backup converted_info_0812301645.xml shows "This file is not a valid backup file." and 0bytes.

My psa backup info.xml does not have "admin_news_dismissed" in it. That is your solution for yet another backup issue. Please see the error message I pasted above. Do you have a fix for "No variable 'lastSappPrefix' in context" ?

Applied new hotfix to server but converting old backup still fails with the following:

Unexpected name of pinfo: info_not_requiredinfo_not_required
No variable 'lastSappPrefix' in context
Created dump:
converted_info_0901151228.xml

Jan 15, 2009 12:28 PM converted_info_0901151228.xml This file is not a valid backup file. 0 B

If this happens to you, here is the fix:

rename your backup.psa to backup.zip
extract the info.xml
remove the line "<misc param="admin_info_not_required" val="true" />" from your info.xml
add info.xml back to the archive
rename backup.zip to backup.psa and attempt your conversion again

----

It seems that they removed a number of configuration options due to the changes in 9.0 but they did not make any thing that checks for obsolete options. Instead the program just breaks and you need to put in a support request. Hopefully that can be fixed in future releases to make migrating older servers easier?

Back