• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Prevent Plesk from creating not used webserver configs

ChristophRo

Regular Pleskian
Is it possible to customize the Plesk templates, so it does not create the webserver and webmail configuration files at all?
Per default it creates a full apache2 config file, even if apache2 is not used. (nginx proxy mode off)
It does also create nginx and apache2 webmail config files, even if webmail is disabled.

I'm asking this, cause I'm looking for a way to optimize and speed up the configuration re-creating and service load time on a system with almost 2k domains.

FYI: server is running Debian9/Plesk17.8

if you look at the webmail configs for domains that do not have webmail activated you will see that they are just comments: I don't think there will be much impact on the loading of the nginx/Apache services! ;)

As far as regards Apache config files for domains directly served by nginx... they will never be hit, so there will be no performance gain by not creating them.

At most you can spare some hundreds of KB of disk space (for 2K domains), but I don't think there will be any performance improvement.

Back