• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Problem compiling PHP 5.4 with imap and kerberos

SauliusZ

Basic Pleskian
Got stuck when compiling PHP 5.4.28 on CentOS 6.4 64bit with Plesk 11.5

I`m using http://kb.parallels.com/en/114753 as example. The same configuration, just changed --enable-fastcgi to --enable-cgi and added --enable-zip.
The configuration command freezes at
Code:
checking for pam_start in -lpam... no
checking for crypt in -lcrypt... yes

Other errors in config.log:
Code:
conftest.c:9:28: error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
conftest.c:306: error: too few arguments to function 'utf8_mime2text'

Last config.log lines:
Code:
configure:50586: checking for crypt in -lcrypt
configure:50620: result: yes
configure:51991: cc -o conftest -I/usr/include -g -O2 -fvisibility=hidden  -L/usr/lib64  conftest.c -lc-client   -lcrypt -lgmp -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lcurl -lbz2 -lz -lrt -lm -ldl -lnsl  -lxml2 -lz -lm -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lssl -lcrypto -lcurl -lxml2 -lz -lm -lssl -lcrypto -lfreetype -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lssl -lcrypto >&5
configure:51991: $? = 0
configure:51991: ./conftest
configure:51991: $? = 0
configure:52055: cc -o conftest -I/usr/include -g -O2 -fvisibility=hidden  -L/usr/lib64  conftest.c -lc-client   -lcrypt -lgmp -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lcurl -lbz2 -lz -lrt -lm -ldl -lnsl  -lxml2 -lz -lm -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lssl -lcrypto -lcurl -lxml2 -lz -lm -lssl -lcrypto -lfreetype -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lssl -lcrypto >&5
configure:52055: $? = 0
configure:52055: ./conftest

The configuration works if I remove --with-imap and --with-imap-ssl or --with-kerberos. If I put them together, configuration fails. So I think problem lies on imap with kerberos support.

When I remove --with-kerberos only I got an error:
Code:
configure:51191: error: This c-client library is built with Kerberos support.
    Add --with-kerberos to your configure line. Check config.log for details.

Thank you for your help, but it seams the problem was solved. There was a Plesk update and I`ve restarted the server. After that configuration worked without problems and I could manage to install the PHP.

> The configuration command freezes at

Thanks for the post I had to reboot my server because my compile also got stuck there.

I also changed `fastcgi` to `cgi`. I'm interested to know how the fastcgi switch differs from the cgi switch.

Back