• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem compiling PHP 5.4 with imap and kerberos

SauliusZ

Basic Pleskian
Got stuck when compiling PHP 5.4.28 on CentOS 6.4 64bit with Plesk 11.5

I`m using http://kb.parallels.com/en/114753 as example. The same configuration, just changed --enable-fastcgi to --enable-cgi and added --enable-zip.
The configuration command freezes at
Code:
checking for pam_start in -lpam... no
checking for crypt in -lcrypt... yes

Other errors in config.log:
Code:
conftest.c:9:28: error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
conftest.c:306: error: too few arguments to function 'utf8_mime2text'

Last config.log lines:
Code:
configure:50586: checking for crypt in -lcrypt
configure:50620: result: yes
configure:51991: cc -o conftest -I/usr/include -g -O2 -fvisibility=hidden  -L/usr/lib64  conftest.c -lc-client   -lcrypt -lgmp -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lcurl -lbz2 -lz -lrt -lm -ldl -lnsl  -lxml2 -lz -lm -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lssl -lcrypto -lcurl -lxml2 -lz -lm -lssl -lcrypto -lfreetype -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lssl -lcrypto >&5
configure:51991: $? = 0
configure:51991: ./conftest
configure:51991: $? = 0
configure:52055: cc -o conftest -I/usr/include -g -O2 -fvisibility=hidden  -L/usr/lib64  conftest.c -lc-client   -lcrypt -lgmp -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lcurl -lbz2 -lz -lrt -lm -ldl -lnsl  -lxml2 -lz -lm -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lssl -lcrypto -lcurl -lxml2 -lz -lm -lssl -lcrypto -lfreetype -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lssl -lcrypto >&5
configure:52055: $? = 0
configure:52055: ./conftest

The configuration works if I remove --with-imap and --with-imap-ssl or --with-kerberos. If I put them together, configuration fails. So I think problem lies on imap with kerberos support.

When I remove --with-kerberos only I got an error:
Code:
configure:51191: error: This c-client library is built with Kerberos support.
    Add --with-kerberos to your configure line. Check config.log for details.

Thank you for your help, but it seams the problem was solved. There was a Plesk update and I`ve restarted the server. After that configuration worked without problems and I could manage to install the PHP.

> The configuration command freezes at

Thanks for the post I had to reboot my server because my compile also got stuck there.

I also changed `fastcgi` to `cgi`. I'm interested to know how the fastcgi switch differs from the cgi switch.

Back