• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem in email account creation on hmailserver after upgrade tp plesk 10.0.1

AliZ

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I upgraded my Plesk 9.5.2 to 10.0.1 on windows 2k3 X86, after upgrade, I`m not to able to create new email account in none of the subscriptions, when I Create a new email, it retrieves the following error:

Unable to update the mail account properties:mailmng failed: MEAOPO.Mailbox.AddMailbox failed for name=EMAILNAME and domain MYDOMAINNAME.COM MYDOMAINNAME.COM]

I have hMailServer 4.4.1-B273 installed on the server and in the Plesk services it shows that its OK.
it was workink on plesk 9.5.2 fine and now its listed on the Plesk Components as green

do you have any soloution for this?

Hello,

Yes I know that hMail is not supported in Plesk 10, but I think its necessary to have a backward compatibility,
I did not installed a new version of hmail, also in plesk 10, it shows that my hmail is recognized by plesk, but it dose not works,

Also in the release not is not mentioned that mdamon is supported, but in my panel it showes that the mdamon can be installed.

hmailserver.png

Hello,

I run this command on the %plesk_bin% Directory,
After run it, when I create a new domain, I receive no error any more and it shows on the plesk that the email account is created, but it dose not any account in the hmailserver,

do you think if I uninstall the mailenable, this issue will resolve?

Generally I think that it will not work correctly because hMailserver is not supported by Plesk officially.

What about mdamon? dose mademon 10 is supported? its not listed on "release notes" but its displayed in the Plesk panel

If it isn't present in Release Notes - nobody guarantees correct operation in Plesk.

Hello,

Im going to change my mail server to mailenable,

When I confirm in the PP to start the process, it retrives the following error:

Error: Set default component failed: defpackagemng failed: C Exception: 3221225480

Error.png

What sort of error when you try to switch it via following command in CLI:

\Plesk\admin\bin\defpackagemng.exe --set --type=mailserver --default=mailenable

?

Very difficult to say what is wrong there without access to server but most probably ME was not correctly installed. Try to re-install it from scratch.

Hello,

After running the following command,

mchk.exe --all --fix-all

all my accounts transferred from hmailserver to mailenable, Also I moved the mail data to my client's new mail data folder and they are working fine, and now Im able to create and edit mail account from PP,

but in the {Server Components}->{Mail Server} it shows that there is no default mail server selected in the plesk and when I log in as admin to the panel, it asks me to select a mail server and only mailenable is selectable,

After I select it and submit the page, it retrieves the following error:

Untitled-1.png

Back