• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem Restoring from another Plesk Installation

Gabe Blodget

New Pleskian
I've had nothing but issues trying to restore a backup from another plesk installation.

Running Plesk 12 on CentOS 6.

Here's what happened, I installed a php extension which required php 5.4. Yum kindly updated our php version, which broke a couple of our sites. In trying to use yum to remove php 5.4, it also removed several components to plesk. I then attempted to reinstall plesk and restore our backups from the previous day, but ran into several errors related to the way plesk hashes passwords in backups (as I now had a new key to hash against, they wouldn't work right). I solved that problem by running the fix passwords utility from you guys. But now I'm getting the following errors, and I have no idea how to fix this. I suspect the first one is the main problem.

WARNING: (server object '') Execution of /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/sb/utils/bru.php --restore --log=stdout --file=/usr/local/psa/PMM/tmp/sb54DVSHeFh.zip --target=server_settings failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
==========================================================================================================================
# Error: Cannot execute query to database. #
==========================================================================================================================

WARNING: (client object 'aadelsberger') Failed deployment of domain localimpact4u.com

WARNING: () Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain.php --create localimpact4u.com -owner '' -do-not-apply-skeleton -notify false -guid 75f2060a-3b61-49b4-84d7-7c2b730c1a93 -vendor-guid 8385bd43-516a-4067-9c42-0a22bad178d7 -creation-date 2014-06-29 -ip 76.74.239.37 -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Wrong syntax for command's '-owner' parameter. '' does not match the pattern '/^[^\s]{1,255}$/'.

This second error repeats for every one of our domains.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wrong syntax for command's '-owner' parameter. '' does not match the pattern '/^[^\s]{1,255}$/'.
I assume that you have some illegal character in owner name. Have you checked this?

Yes, there aren't any illegal characters. The names are just letters.

However, the first warning about bru.php not being able to execute the query is important too. I checked the permissions and everything was okay.

Error message with bru.php is related to connections to Sitebuilder database. Looks like this database is damaged or inconsistent.

Back