• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problem to create domain account / conflict with alias

Erwan

Regular Pleskian
Hi all,

We have a customer with a domain: mydomain.com and a website on www.mydomain.com.
The directory is: httpdocs/

The same website works for another domain: myseconddomain.com. So, there is an alias on the domain mydomain.com.

mydomain.com =>domain =>httpdocs/
myseconddomain.com => alias on domain mydomain.com

It works fine.

Emails accounts / dns from myseconddomain.com are on an external server. We want migrate it on the customer server where mydomain.com is installed.
But we can not create account: we have this message: "This domain name already exists."

I imagine the problem is with the alias. How can we go about setting up the domain?

Wouldn't it be a solution to remove the alias domain (myseconddomain.com) and then re-add myseconddomain.com as an domain (instead of an alias)?

hello @Erwan ,
if you're using Plesk on both servers wouldn't it be more easier to create full domain (or even subscription) backup on source server and restore it on destination ?
another way is to try Plesk Migration Manager for this purpose.

Wouldn't it be a solution to remove the alias domain (myseconddomain.com) and then re-add myseconddomain.com as an domain (instead of an alias)?
don't think this is a good idea: in this case you will have to sync content between two domains.

don't think this is a good idea: in this case you will have to sync content between two domains.
I confirm, we only want to manage one site

if you're using Plesk on both servers wouldn't it be more easier to create full domain (or even subscription) backup on source server and restore it on destination ?
another way is to try Plesk Migration Manager for this purpose.
Hum, i can try to go through the migration but logically I will have a refusal.

Back