1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Problem to create ODBC in PLESK 10.4.4 with SQL Server driver

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Windows Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by iHosting, Feb 18, 2012.

1. iHosting

iHosting Guest

I am trying to create an ODBC DSN connection in PLESK 10.4.4 with Microsoft Windows 6.0;build-6002;sp2.0;suite1296;product3 and MS SQL Server 2008 but when click in "test connection" i receive the following error:

Error: Unable to connect to the data source using the defined settings. Server has returned the following error:
    ODBCError 08001: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]Conexión no válida.
    ODBCError 01000: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]ConnectionOpen (Invalid Instance()).

Any one had experience with this problem?

2. minosj

minosj Basic Pleskian

Hi,

did you checked the odbc service is running in the server ?

Thank you.

3. Plesk_kidv

Plesk_kidv Guest

When creating the ODBC Connection change the [server] name to the instance name of your MSSQL server. So you would change it to something like .\MSSQLSERVER2008 or .\MSSQLEXPRESS . Make sure SQL Server Browser is also running from the SQL configuration manager.