• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem upgrading 10.2 to 10.4

Solkaus

New Pleskian
Hi everyone!

I'm working on a server that came with everything pretty much installed (1&1). They basically gave me a Win 2k8 x64 R2 with Plesk 10.2 running. I'm trying to update to version 10.4, and here's my problem:

===============================================================================
Select the desired products and their versions

The following product versions are available:

1. [*] Parallels Small Business Panel
2. (*) Parallels Small Business Panel 10.2.0 (currently installed)

N) Go to the next page; P) Go to the previous page; Q) Cancel installing
To select a version, type the respective number;
Select an action [N]:

What am I missing here? I already deactivated the firewall. I tried searching the forums for an answer, but couldn't find anything. Can you guys help me out here?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

I thought there might be a license issue with that, but if there's not, that's what I'll try.

Thanks!

PS: I'll update this post when I'm done, just in case.

Well... same thing. I noticed the file ai.exe for 11.x has a different size than the one for 10.x, but same thing happened.

Any thoughts?

First off, let me say THANK YOU for all your help, time and patience regarding this issue. I really appreciate your help with this, Igor.

Now, ontopic:

http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA10/smb-to-plesk-migration/
You don't have permission to access /PSA10/smb-to-plesk-migration/ on this server.

Any ideas where I might find this migration tool? I tried googleing it, but every search result so far lead me to the same document (which leads to the forbidden page).

Again, thanks a lot!

Status update:

I got excited when I saw your reply, but when I followed the guide...

Code:
C:\Users\admin\Downloads\smb-to-plesk-migration>smb-to-plesk-migration.cmd --backup-local --destination-dir=C:\BackupPanel
Backing up local...

Creating temporary working directory: C:\Temp\vlmhnsom...
Execute command 'cmd /c mkdir C:\Temp\vlmhnsom'
Done.

Extracting archive with backup agent...
Done.

Executing full server backup...

Creation of backup is failed.
Stdout:

Stderr:

Execute command 'cmd /c copy C:\Temp\vlmhnsom\dump\psadump.log C:\BackupPanel'
Execute command 'cmd /c copy C:\Temp\vlmhnsom\dump\PSAMail.log C:\BackupPanel'
Execute command 'cmd /c copy C:\Temp\vlmhnsom\dump\PSAMail.tech.log C:\BackupPan
el'
Removing temporary working directory... C:\Temp\vlmhnsom
Execute command 'cmd /c rmdir /s /q C:\Temp\vlmhnsom'

More details about backup creation are in files psadump.log,PSAMail.log,PSAMail.tech.log inside C:\BackupPanel directory

C:\Users\admin\Downloads\smb-to-plesk-migration>

The script starts smoothly, but when it gets to the line "Executing full server backup...", I get a windows message saying "the program stopped working". No error number or additional information whatsoever.

I'm starting to think I'm running out of options. I'm running the panel in a VM provided by 1&1, Windows 2008 R2 x64.

Any other ideas, Igor?

Again, thanks a lot for this.

Do you have any related error messages in the mentioned log files? Check it there.

Hey Solkaus, still looking for a solution?
I think you missed to install the "Migration Agent". You have to install it and then you have to start the script.

For anyone else who want to know how the first part of the migration works. This is what you have to do:

1. Download and install Migrationsassistent für Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4 für Windows (MSI)
2. Download and extract Migrationsassistent für Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4 für Windows (ZIP)
5. Start Plesk Migration Agent from your Windows Startmenu
6. Start CMD.exe from C:\Windows\System32
7. Change to Folder were you extracted smb-to-plesk-migration.zip to
8. Start smb-to-plesk-migration.cmd with these parameters:
Code:
smb-to-plesk-migration.cmd --backup-local --destination-dir=C:\MY_SMB_MIGRATION_BACKUP

Source:
http://www.parallels.com/de/download/plesk/10/
http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...-migration-guide/index.htm?fileName=69032.htm

Back